Food, Photo's and Recipes

Options
Hallo everyone,

How about a few posts with some meal ideas, photo's of those meals and possibly a recipe or two?

I am always looking for inspiration when it comes to cooking!

Replies

• Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Veggies: Baby Marrow and Mushrooms with egg. Served with fresh tomatoes:

Before:
    2btlyt.jpg

After:
    21dkl21.jpg
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
    I will try to remember to take a pic of dinner tonight.
    I will also take a pic when I make my low fat chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. Probably make them in a day or two. I'll also share the recipe. After my surgery, I could only eat about a half of one and about an eighth of a cup of my Spanish rice, but it was well worth it and calories, carbs, fat were all very low. The protein was pretty decent at about 18 grams per enchilada.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
    I will also take a pic when I make my low fat chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. Probably make them in a day or two. I'll also share the recipe. After my surgery, I could only eat about a half of one and about an eighth of a cup of my Spanish rice, but it was well worth it and calories, carbs, fat were all very low. The protein was pretty decent at about 18 grams per enchilada.

ooooh, I look forward to your chicken enchiladas! I have a Mexican food weakness and am always wanting to try new, healthier dishes :)
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Looks good!

I cannot wait! Hope you remember to take some photo's. :smile:
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Having perch tonight, will have to do the enchiladas tomorrow night. My sons will love me. It's probably their favorite. Unless you count chicken stuffed portabellas or chicken stuffed poblano peppers. :)
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Found this nice tip - thought I'll share it here:

FRUIT PUREE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR OIL, BUTTER OR MARGARINE IN RECIPES:

When it comes to trimming the fat from cakes, breads and other home-baked goodies, applesauce has bushels of appeal! Applesauce and other fruit purees can serve as slimming substitutes for the shortening, oil, butter or margarine often called for in recipes.

That's because fruit purees perform some of the same functions as fat in baking.
    For instance, fat brings moistness and flavor to baked goods, adds tenderness to the texture and helps promote browning.
    The fiber and natural sugars in purees also hold in moisture and help tenderize.
    The fruit sugars aid in browning, too.

If you're looking for a fat substitute that won't alter the color or flavor of your recipe, pick unsweetened applesauce. It's easily accessible and inexpensive.

At first, try substituting applesauce for half of the fat in a recipe.
    For example, if a recipe calls for 1 cup of fat, use ½ cup applesauce and ½ cup butter, margarine, oil or shortening.

Mix the batter and if it seems too dry, add a little more applesauce.
    The next time you make the recipe, try replacing even more fat.
    Continue reducing the fat until you've found the lowest amount that will still give you the desired results.

Most breads, cakes and other sweet treats made with applesauce will taste moist, tender and flavorful.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    My dinner tonight...

Savoury Rice and Bean Stew. I only had some beans, potato and sauce...

2njamx1.jpg

rtkrbm.jpg
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Dinner tonight... my hubby made pizza for the family:

10dusmx.jpg

25hd5ch.jpg

AND I had some veggie soup:

5frarn.jpg
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bump for that enchilada recipe.
  • Clindy50
    Clindy50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So glad you started this thread! The food looks wonderful!

Re: earlier post: what is "baby marrow?"
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    So glad you started this thread! The food looks wonderful!

Re: earlier post: what is "baby marrow?"

Hi,

Baby Marrow is what I think you call a Courgette or Zucchini.... Here in South Africa we call it baby marrows.... :smile:
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Forgot how to do pics on the forums, but here is the recipe:

Low Fat Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Filling:

3 cups diced chicken breasts
    1 can chopped green chiles
    1/2 pkg fat free cream cheese
    1/4 cup chopped onions, sauteed
    1/4 cup chopped celery, sauteed
    1/2 can fat free cream of chicken soup
    chopped peppers (jalapeno, bell, etc. as desired, if you wish)

Sauce:

1/2 pkg. fat free cream cheese
    1/2 small container fat free sour cream
    Enough Low Sodium Chicken Broth, until you get a medium consistency.

12 small corn tortillas

Mix all the filling ingredients together, mix sauce ingredients with wire whisk. Prepare corn tortillas in iron skillet by spraying pan with Pam and heat them on each side to seal them. This takes only a few seconds per side. When you see bubbles, they are done.

Place a small amount of filling inside each tortilla. Wrap. Place them in a baking dish, seam side down, with a small amount of the sauce spread on the bottom. Cover them with the rest of the sauce and shredded cheese Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30
    minutes, then remove foil, and bake about 10 minutes longer until cheese is slightly brown and enchiladas are bubbly.. Serve with Spanish rice or salad.