Weekends

97 days until Christmas!

I know I am not alone when I say that weekends are harder for me to stay focused and committed.

I work Monday to Friday and weekends are family time and time to get all the housework, laundry and groceries done so it's so easy for me to sacrifice my goals or make not so wise food choices.

I have tried setting mini goals for myself on the weekend. It could be as simple as committing to drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day or getting in at least 1 workout. By giving myself a little challenge it keeps my eyes on the prize!

Anyone have suggestions or what works for them to share?

Karen

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    The weekends, yikes! :)

My husband LOVES going out for "breakfast". I put it in quotes because breakfast is usually more about 1 in the afternoon after he has slept in. I have to get up with our son so I try to exercise while the hubs sleeps in and the boy watches cartoons.

For "breakfast" I have the same thing every time we go out lately because I know the calories for it--bacon, eggs, toast and potatoes. I try to eat lightly so that I can have a glass of wine in the evening with dinner.

This weekend I have no idea what I will do since we are going to a wedding out of town.

I find though weekends I have to be super strict with myself because weekends in the past have been my demise. if I can make it through the weekend without eating 3000 calories each day I am victorious! :)
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Weekends are very hard for me as well. This is usually the only time I get to bake for the coming week, and its lots of times when we will go out to eat for at least one meal. My biggest problems are snacking and not exercising due to the fact that I'm busy trying to get all my errends and laundry and everything done. I set the goal to try cutting my snacking down and when I do snack I grab something healthier like string cheese. I also set the goal of walking around the block (about 3 miles) at least once over the weekend. I'm getting better at this but its still hard at times especially with the shorter daylight.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Weekends are a killer for me too! We have been sailing all summer and with all the snacking and
    pot lucks and socializing it has been very hard for me to lose. That is all coming to end shortly
    due to the change in the weather. I hope this challenge will help me lose this time.
  • nd1129
    nd1129 Posts: 16 Member
    Sundays are the worst for me. I go to my parents' house, which is filled with candy and snacks that I grew up eating. I have been working very hard to realize that sometimes it just isn't worth it to eat something that isn't going to make me feel well. Such a big help to avoid the foods that make me feel bloated, but still I am tempted by those peanut m&m's just staring at me!
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Weekends for me are Tuesday and Wednesday cause my husband works in hospitality lol. What I do is eat less cals during the week so I can go over on those days, but I am still at a deficit for the week. Seems to be working fine so far! :)
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Saturday rest day for me.

My plan to help me stay on track this weekend is a mini goal or challenge for myself to drink at least 10 cups of water each day.
    Today I am going out to a rock and mineral show and then some shopping so lots of walking.

Tomorrow hot yoga is on the schedule. I met an MFP friend that lives in the same city last March and we are committed to meeting every Sunday morning for hot yoga and an inspirational chat afterwards. You rock SophieK!

So I am starting my day with a smile and a sprink in my step, feeling motivated and confidant. I have started a new challenge, lost .8 of a lb and I've got a plan to help keep me on track.

Anyone else want to share their plan?

Enjoy your weekend friends.

Karen
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Weekends are tough for me too- I love to unwind with alcohol, but it unfortunately leads to me eating crappy food!

On Sunday, I plan to get groceries for my lunch in the coming week, and prep everything so that I eat well. It's the one thing that guarantees ill be eating nutritious food at work. I slice veggies and fruit, and have everything portioned out so that its ready to grab and go... NO EXCUSES!
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Surprisingly, I am not finding the healthy eating and exercise as hard as I thought it would be as a student. I plan ahead for my meals M-F, have my 'cheat' day Saturday, and then right back at it for the week Sunday. The temptations are easier to resist now that I am into a routine and seeing results. The biggest thing is that I do not have junk food or pop in the house so I am not tempted to eat it, and I tend to prep everything on Sundays, or the night before, for portions so I can grab and go.
  • Weekends are really hard for me too! Weekdays are cake because I preplan all the meals. I try to do this on the weekends but it never happens. Sticking to a plan on the weekends is like hunting for a unicorn...lol All I can do is make better choices when we are out. Oh and if I know I'll be away from the house for longer than normal I'll grab some healthy snacks to take with me...This has helped me a lot.