6 months and counting - question and exercise

Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
it's hard to believe that I've been at this for 6 months! Before all this I was happy with 30 days of consistency. the road has not been easy and there have been many bumps in the way but it has been rewarding and done things for my emotional well-being that no medication could have ever done. I think pride is a good way to describe it and who knew I had such a self competitive streak in me :)

So today, my discussion question is this: what has been your favorite part of your journey to better health?
--mine is definitely the accomplishment I feel when I push through the excuses and do it anyway :)

fitness challenge - 25 jumping jacks and 30 donkeys (15 per leg) - get on all fours, keeping your back straight, bring your right knee in your chest then kick it straight out and up. resume the position and switch legs

Replies

• cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am doing much better than I could have hoped to. Favourite parts have been being pretty consistent about diet and exercise (e.g. not 'cheating') and completing challenges I really wasn't sure I could do - 30ds and now well through ripped in 30 too. Has given me more confidence in my ability to reach goal and to plan forwards with more challenges - have just got turbofire for after Christmas...
  • heikeharris
    heikeharris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I figured out how to join your group,

My favorite part is discovering it IS possible, and finally reaching my first goal. I also love how when you finish a long brisk walk your leg muscles pulsate when you sit, it gives you the satisfaction of knowing you put in the effort. and my third favorite thing would being the before and after pics as you go :)
  • tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of my journey would have to be just how GOOD my body feels vs. how sore I am when I dont workout for days...I love getting out of my car or picking something up off the ground and feeling my core strength!
  • heikeharris
    heikeharris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have no idea how to add "donkeys" to my cardio so i put it in strength coz that way I dont have to work out calories lol.
  • hschumacher915
    Options
    I'm reading this at the gift shop and pictured myself doing donkeys behind the counter. I LOLed!
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Seeing the progress I've made over my journey. Especially figuring out that I'm back to the smallest I've ever been!