Toning Up

Hey Everyone,

I'm newly back on this site, and i'm looking for some motivational pictures, tips & tricks or discussion on what people have found has worked for them to tone up.

I'm currently 5'2 120lbs and I'd like to lose a few pounds, but not too much, mostly just focused on firming up and losing some body fat %.

I find myself having a hard time because of all the conflicting information rolling around on this site, and the internet in general! Some people say eat back your calories, some people say no, some people say weight lifting classes are useless for building real muscle, some say its great motivation, some people say don't go below 1200 net, some people say if your short like me you need to go below to make a difference, ect.

I'm currently training for a half marathon (only 3 weeks away, yikes!) and doing Group Power classes at my local gym (weight lifting to music, not super high reps and she encourages us to lift heavy) every other day. Does anyone have suggestions on an alternative/addition to this schedule for body fat loss?

If your also interested in toning up or just have a few more stubborn pounds to lose, friend me and we can encourage each other!

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Hey, I've been wwith MFP for a while now. Lost all my baby weight and just started working on the Toning.
    I don't have the answers. I know that if I want to lose weight all I have to do is eat less calories than I need to Maintain. ( I'm set to Maintain) I know that the Calories MFP has for some of the exercises are off. Some are high Some are low.

Everybody seems to agree that we need to give our bodies a day to heal between each type of hard exercise so I would say the every-other-day class is great.... and training for that Marathon may be all you need. How long have you been doing both?

All my Gym has to offer is a 45 minute Toning class on Mondays and Wendsday (that I just started this week) ........ And Zumba on Mon, Wends, and Thurs. Zumba is fun, but doesn't seem to have done much for the Toning.