Anyone use Splenda?

Options
366to266
366to266 Posts: 473 Member
(From Joel Marion)

Splenda®, also known as sucralose, is an artificial, chemical sweetener.

Despite advertisements stating “Made from Sugar, so it Tastes like Sugar”, which attempt to confuse consumers, Splenda® is not natural and contains no elements of natural sugar.

You may also be surprised to learn that Splenda® contains chrlorine. Yes, the same chlorine that goes in swimming pools. And here's the worst side effect:

Just like chlorine kills off micro-organisms in swimming pools, Splenda® and sucralose kill off healthy bacteria that lives in your gut -- healthy bacteria that is VITALLY important to virtually every aspect of your health.

Recently, a study at the University of Duke confirmed this very finding. Not only is sucralose a heavily-processed, chemical artificial sweetener, but it's also damaging to your gut health, which goes on to affect every other aspect of your health.

Here's a direct quote from that study:

"Splenda® suppresses beneficial bacteria and directly affects the expression of the transporter P-gp and cytochrome P-450 isozymes that are known to interfere with the bioavailability of nutrients. Furthermore, these effects occur at Splenda® doses that contain sucralose levels that are approved by the FDA for use in the food supply.”

Did you know that over 80% of your immune system finds it's home in your gut? In fact, there are more than 100 TRILLION living bacteria in your gut that control many aspects of your health, and due to things like the ingestion of artificial sweeteners like Splenda®, most folks have created a massive bacterial imbalance in their body. (From Joel Marion)

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You know what else has chlorine? Soduim Chloride!!! That's right, Table Salt!

When molecules combine, they become new molecules. Something that is bad by itself, becomes something new, which has different characteristics.

Sorry, but I didn't read beyond the "chlorine is poison" bit.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I swim in Chlorine.. some of the water goes in my mouth.. wait all the time!

I also use splenda all the time.

TBH.. the risk of using splenda is far less than the immediate damage that sugar does to me.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the splenda info!!

Now how about nutrasweet and stevia?

I may just stick with a teaspoon of date syrup or honey when I need to sweeten something. ;)
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Splenda is given to us by Baby Jesus as proof of a loving God.

Stevia tastes like what I imagine strychnine (WHICH IS ALL NATURAL AND ORGANIC BY THE WAY) to taste like.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Stevia tastes like what I imagine strychnine (WHICH IS ALL NATURAL AND ORGANIC BY THE WAY) to taste like.

That is freaking hilarious!
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Trivia is the first line of defense during my monthly cravings and if I'm out I then use Splenda. Trust me, there worse crap on the market and since this is the only thing I eat that isn't a whole food....I DON'T CARE! It keeps me sane.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You know what else has chlorine? Soduim Chloride!!! That's right, Table Salt!

When molecules combine, they become new molecules. Something that is bad by itself, becomes something new, which has different characteristics.

Sorry, but I didn't read beyond the "chlorine is poison" bit.

Excellent point. I could not get past this either.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options

LMAO! ^^^^ This FTW.

Sucralose - doesn't cause me to bloat like a body in a river for 3 days.
    Sugar - does.
    Stevia - tastes bitter, not sweet. But then again, I'm one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap too.