Introductions

Options
Hi - I need all the support I can get trying to get out of my emotional eating cycle. I'm hoping people can come here and share stories, tips and tricks and maybe we can beat this thing together!

Replies

• WritePaintDance
    WritePaintDance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm Tandi.. and I'm an emotional eater and working to change this soon. I'm so glad you created this forum. Let's help each other out :)

Tandi
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel your pain, mkbarnes. My name is Amanda, I am 28 (almost 29) and I have been an emotional eater pretty much all of my life- more so in the last 5 years. My scale keeps creeping up on me and the pants I bought less than a year ago are now giving me muffin top- Size 15, Target juniors. Something has got to give, but food gets in my way. They say if you want something bad enough, you will do whatever it takes, so I guess I am not quite there yet... but I am sick of feeling the way I do. I dislike myself and the way I treat my body almost every single day. Very unhealthy. I hope to learn things that can help me conquer this... addiction? in this group. I have noticed when I count my calories, I am more apt to avoid a binge... but I need to build up my self-control. Add me if you want :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group!

I too have issues with emotional eating as do most people I think. Anytime I get overstressed that's when I can easily turn to cookies, chocolate etc. In particular I have a coworker that drives me crazy - today though I turned to my Larabar instead of cookies during the crazy time :) So thanks for starting this group. It will be nice to have a place to go to before I give in to temptation!!
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello and thanks for putting together this forum. Really need to reach out to others that struggle with emotional eating cycles. My name is Jenn and I've come quite far to quit. Just need to get back on track to reach my goal. This is the week! Hope I can supply the support to others and get a little support for myself along the way.
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! So glad to see people joining!! I have struggled with this for years, I'll be on track with my diet and exercise and then have a bad day at work or a sick child etc and I don't just fall off the wagon, I LEAP off and eat all the things. Even if I'm not hungry and what I'm eating doesn't taste that good, I just keep eating. I just went through a cycle of this in the last few weeks and today is day two of getting back to keeping it together. It's just do disheartening :-( There has got to be a substitute for food when I'm feeling down.
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When you find that substitute that makes me feel as good as a bag of chips or that slice cake, please let me know. I don't know why food gives me comfort when I'm stressed or things aren't going my way. I can't help believing that it has something to do with being given some candy or chocolate when I was young.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    My thanks too for creating this group =)

I was surprised by the number of members in this group but it works in favour of me because I find large groups intimidating lol

Wish you all the best on your weight loss journeys people ^_^

32226198.png
  • mkbarnes1775
    Options
    Maybe I should lock it down and have people request to be members so it doesn't get too big?
  • Via_14
    Options
    Oh not at all, I guess it will be okay but requesting does sound like a good idea.

The more the merrier =)
  • mkbarnes1775
    Options
    I'll leave it open for now, there aren't too many of us at this point :-)
  • Via_14
    Options
    True, no worries!