Exercise class on Time Warner Cable

Options
Hi. I just joined - turned 70 about 3 months ago. I've found great exercise classes on cable TV - kick boxing, weight training, aerobics. I like hearing from others close to my age. Losing weight now is so hard!

Replies

• susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    No kidding! I thought it was impossible , JUST COULDN'T= LOSE A POUND! Now I have figured out some better eating habits and what I was doing wrong. It really is a struggle for me. I was grieving, still getting all that menopause stuff and eating more than my body could handle. Logging my calories helps and I am learning to listen to my body when it screams, stop! It took all this time, at least I am realizing this and trying to make a change. I know it will pay off!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Eileen, great that you are DISCIPLINED to do those exercise classes!! Good job! :flowerforyou:

Susan, glad that you have been able to work through those challenges! It is *not* easy, especially in our "golden years" to want to get fit and healthy, then our bodies finally give up. They are miraculous until that time. I firmly believe, we are as YOUNG as we feel...and I've got young grandkids to run after that keeps me young :happy: :drinker:

Deb :heart:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    So true that we are as young as we feel, .... and act.

I also believe that what we think about also affects how we feel and act.

Let's be sassy... and strong ladies, no matter our age. I am totally jazzed that there are seniors that may like to sit a spell in a rocking chair, but not stay there :smile:

Mary
  • debilang
    Options
    Let's be sassy... and strong ladies, no matter our age. I am totally jazzed that there are seniors that may like to sit a spell in a rocking chair, but not stay there :smile:

Mary

:laugh: Mary...I *love* your statement "I am totally jazzed that there are seniors that may like to sit a spell in a rocking chair, but not stay there"

I have a rocking chair and DO love to sit in it for a bit, but...my life is such that I won't be rocking my life away...:laugh: not with a couple of active grandkids I love chasing :):) I am also getting ready for my car club's Fall Tour to Shasta in Northern California. :happy: Not sure if we will get into the National Park, but we have a Plan B. I will be watching what I eat ... no cakes, or cookies for sure since I am on another challenge of NO SWEETS for 30 days! I can do my Push ups, Squats, and Abs Challenge without equipment...on my time away.

Take care, Mary and All :drinker:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thanks Deb, that little statement just came to me as I was writing :smile: . Kind of surprised myself lol.

Wishing you a grand time on your car club's Fall Tour. Sounds like you have a good plan to have fun and still be healthy.

eileenwebb, One of my neighbors used to use the cable exercise channel but goes to the gym now. I had forgotten all about that after I did check it out when she told me about it. Wonder what they are still offering. I've been using w/o DVDs so forgot all about the TV.

Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well so pleased my BMI as dropped from 32.4 to 27.1 got to get it to 25 to be normal, was obese, but now going down. Will keep going until I get to that magic number
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    That is wonderful news Dottyb1940 :heart: ! I am so proud of you. Your food plan is indeed working well for you :smile: .

Thank you for letting us know the good news :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    Options
    Well so pleased my BMI as dropped from 32.4 to 27.1 got to get it to 25 to be normal, was obese, but now going down. Will keep going until I get to that magic number

I agree with Mary...CONGRATS...Dotty :drinker: That magic number is YOU working on it...:happy: and you will DO THIS!! We are all cheering you on :flowerforyou:

Hugs,
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi. I just joined - turned 70 about 3 months ago. I've found great exercise classes on cable TV - kick boxing, weight training, aerobics. I like hearing from others close to my age. Losing weight now is so hard!

Time Warner just changed their whole channel line up recently, and earlier this week I was exploring the on demand channels and ran across what looks like some different and possibly a more varied variety of exercise options than when I looked a couple of years ago.

But then a couple of years ago I wasn't looking at other options that much because I was going to Curves at the time.

I'll have to look when I have more time.
    Mary (in texas :flowerforyou: )