Sleep

Options
bkw99508
bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
Does anyone take off the device while sleeping. If I did, would it skew with the total burn for the day?

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I usually keep it on for sleeping and only take it off for syncing and showering. I would imagine it would mess with your daily burn because while I sleep, mine says I burn something like 400 calories. When I wake in the morning, I have a bigger calorie burn. So I would say yes but you can always edit off body time.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I too generally only take mine off once every couple days to charge... either while I'm showering or watching tv...

Since it calculates your "average burn" while off body, I think if you didn't wear it while sleeping your numbers would be off since it won't know that your "sleeping" and not be reading your actual calorie burn real time.

Is there a reason you don't want to wear it while sleeping? I really like having the data... it's obvious I get sleep than I thought and on some days when I'm really tired I can see why by the amount and quality of sleep.
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I generally don't take mine off either for the reasons stated above. If you look at your burn and choose to see all day you can see that while you are sleeping you have a fairly consistent burn, Mine is 1.9 cal/min.I use that number to estimate my BMR by-the-way.
    You could take it off and enter every other day and enter "off body" calories based on the day before by selecting "burned the same as" and pick the lowest choice. You of course would have to do that every day to catch the before midnight on one day and the after midnight on the next. I have asked that they allow us to just enter a cal burn in the adjustment but they have not changed it and may not. It will estimate an off body number but it always seems higher than my normal 1.9, I am not sure how it is calculated.

Everyone put in a request that BMF allows a number to be entered in off body adjustments, LOL.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was thinking along those same lines.

It just gets uncomfortable when I roll over in my sleep and wake up to huge indentation on my arm. I also get little bumps.

Otherwise irs been a great tool.