1 on 1 off or 5 on 5 off???

Options
Hi
i have just started the Dukan diet, attack phase day 5, and have already lost 6lbs!!
The next phase is to add the veg and alternate every other day or 5 days pure protein and 5 days protein and veg.
Does anyone know if this can be altered? I was thinking about 5 days protein (finding it easy for work purposes) and 2 days with protein and veg. Would this work or is this a bad idea?

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    The book says to find what works for you. Go for it!
  • Rg2324
    Rg2324 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Both apparently work the same, so whatever makes you comfortable should be fine. I think I am ready to start phase 2 and will do the 1-1. Allows me to eat out with more flexibility and I really miss those veggies!
  • knt674
    knt674 Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep us updated! I am on day 4 of phase 1. I wish I was losing more than what I am. I am going to continue with the attack phase for another day or so and then I think I am going to do 1 on 1 off.
  • nhiggins
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the attack phase. I must admit that I never thought that I would be so excited to get vegetables in my life!! I will start the cruise phase tomorrow. I am going to do 1 day pure protein and next day protein & veggies. I do believe I will be more willing to keep to that phase by alternating days vs 5/5!! Good luck everyone.
    I have lost 6 pounds as of this am!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I know I don't do well on alternating 1/1, I prefer to not have to remember "which day" it is, so that's why I will be going with the 5/5.

Congrats on your losses, everybody. I am on day 3 of Attack with 1 day to go. Down 5 lbs. 7 to go to "true weight"
  • midnightvioletgirl
    Options
    i found lot of food going to waste on 1/1 as i couldnt eat it the next day - i think i will go with 5/5 :-)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yah it's way easier just to shop every 5 days....