Healthy Alternatives?

Options
Anyone had any luck diverting their desire to eat when stressed out?

Replies

• Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday on a good leg but by night I gave in saying its just a one off - however I ate dinner at 4.20pm.

I think the stress of starting the weight loss journey can be a heavy one but at least I've taken the first step.. again. I think consistency is a major problem for me since stress gets the better of me with time. Old habits die hard!

32226198.png
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday on a good leg but by night I gave in saying its just a one off - however I ate dinner at 4.20pm.

I think the stress of starting the weight loss journey can be a heavy one but at least I've taken the first step.. again. I think consistency is a major problem for me since stress gets the better of me with time. Old habits die hard!

32226198.png

You need to change this from "weight loss journey" to a "healthy lifestyle" journey - just how you phrase it can have an impact. Our goals here are definitely to lose weight (short term goal) but long term to is maintain our weight loss by living a healthy lifestyle. Today we need to start living that healthy lifestyle as much as we can. We will do this by eating healthy foods, watching our portion sizes, getting some exercise and enough sleep at night.

And just remember, we all will have good days and bad days. Just don't let the bad days keep going on and on and on! Tomorrow is always an opportunity for a good day :smile:
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad food day yesterday as well but today is a new day, clean slate, and I am trying very hard not to beat myself up about it.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options

You need to change this from "weight loss journey" to a "healthy lifestyle" journey - just how you phrase it can have an impact. Our goals here are definitely to lose weight (short term goal) but long term to is maintain our weight loss by living a healthy lifestyle. Today we need to start living that healthy lifestyle as much as we can. We will do this by eating healthy foods, watching our portion sizes, getting some exercise and enough sleep at night.

And just remember, we all will have good days and bad days. Just don't let the bad days keep going on and on and on! Tomorrow is always an opportunity for a good day :smile:

Hi, thanks for the tip!

Your right in that its a lifestyle change that will bring us long term results. I've just started again so its great to get this input. Thanks again guys ^_^