new to SL 5x5 group

Options
2»

Replies

• MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    anyone do any other workouts on top of SL5x5? Such as curls or anything?
    Day A: Front squat, bench, bent over row, pull ups, dumbell lateral raise.
    Day B: Front squat, oh press, deadlift, dips, barbell ab rollout on knees, chin ups
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Looking at the activity of posts, I am not sure if there is many active members. But here goes anyways. I just finished the first week of 5x5. I found it really easy, as expected, but took the time to get my range of motion and form back in check. I had previously done crossfit for 6 months and loved it, but had an injury that set me back. I thought this would be a good way to get back into lifting and eventually back to crossfit.

Did everyone start with just the bar like the program recommends? I did, but have bumped it up a bit in some of the exercises, as it was far to easy. i was sure not to push to much, so I could follow the incremental increases.

Any feedback or advice would be great.
    Yes, I started with just the bar, even tho I thought it silly, as I could easily lift more.
    I am 5 weeks into the program and glad I did not alter the way it told me to workout.
    I have had failure on OHP at 4 week in.
    I have discovered that the 5 lb. increases in weight per the program, are plenty heavy as I get into the heavier weight.
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. It answered some things I was thinking about.

I'm in week 2 now and started from scratch. I feel kinda silly at times lifting so light, but I realize its really important to work on form.

@Mike: I wouldn't mind a more active group. Any tips you have that can help are welcome. :)

I'm in if interested.....?