Deadlift question

Options
Now that my deadlift weight is going up I'm starting to notice I'm feeling it my lower back. Is this me using bad form or is this normal? Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    What is your deadlift at compared to your body weight? What does your warm-ups look like? can you have someone check your form and compare it to the form in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W5qcN_w_m8c
  • kevinwheat1
    Options
    Improper form is prob to blame...depending on the weight. As stated in previous post, approach and lift like a squatting chimp...as silly as that sounds. Keep the *kitten* low and drive with the legs, not lift with the back.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If you keep the bar close to, or even draggin up the shins, until the bar is clear of the knees, then push your hips forwad (this is where the power comes from), at the top, the hips should be all the way forward, glutes flexed and shoulders should be back. The bar should track in a nearly straight up line when doing this correctly.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on what you are feelings because deadlifts are suppose to hit your lower back.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Define 'feeling it.'