Anyone take any BCAA's?

Options
Any recommendations.. I have read xtend is good but it seems a bit junky.. and I read powder goes to your system better than tablets..
Any thoughts or recommendations on this? I have been researching it for a while, I feel like my body needs something to help it move along. My BF monitor the omron has not moved in 3 months :(

Replies

• booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i take muscle pharm amino 1 or bsn aminoX both are pretty good, though the only reason i take a BCAA powder is because i work out fasted first thing in the morning and the bcaa's help fuel my muscles instead of having my muscles waste away fueling them... im not sure that BCAAs will do much more for you than spare you a little muscle disintegration.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    hmm really, Everything I read said the aminos help with muscle building. I feel like sitting at the same body fat % for months I need a little push somehow.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    most protein powders have bcaa's in them, and as long as you are on a "real food" diet you should be getting enough in your system. nuts, lentils, eggs, and meat all contain high amounts of BCAAs. as stated before, the only reason i take them is because i workout after 12 hours of no food and eating before working out will make me sick.

are you lifting heavy? i mean to the point that you fail your last reps? are you still making strength gains? i can't see your diary but maybe you are eating too high or too low or doing too much or too little cardio?

i have had good luck with creatine. it bloats me up a little, but i take it for a few months and lift as heavy as possible- i honestly think it helps me gain a few pounds of muscle, and when i stop taking it i "deflate the water" but maintain my muscle mass and strength gains.