another confused about calories :)

Options
hi there, i have been trying to lose weight actively since the start of the year, i started out doing 30 - 60 mins exercise every morning and eating no more than 1200 cals.... i quickly became tired and rundown and after a month of seeing no progress i gave up... i then tried intermittent fasting, i would eat 1200 cals or less and twice a week i would eat only 500 calories... again i saw zero progress.

I am now exercising 3+ days a week and making sure i always net 1200 and eat back my exercise calories as much as i can... i still have a small stomach and struggle to eat large amounts of food.

i still am not losing weight however

following the link www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/vie...to-weigh-less-254554

i worked out my stats at

Body fat % = 39.3
BMR = 1245
TDEE = 1931
Goal ( the scooby goal based on 15%) = 1641

and then i read the great book lifting for women and following the equation in the book my stats are

31 years
147 pounds
64 inches

for fat loss -300 cals/day
no workout = 1612c
active workout = 1867c
strenuous workout = 2122c

so im really not sure how many cals i should eat when just bumming around the house, and if i exercise 3+ times a week do i just eat the active workout cals no matter how much mfp or my heartrate say?

im thinking an everyday goal of 1600 cals... and either when i go to the gym i either eat back the cals my heart rate say, or just eat the default "active workout" cals im not sure

thankyou :)

Replies

• glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Either will work you just have to be consistent. If you are doing the 1641, Scoobys methods, you eat that every day even days you don't workout. It really just depends how you want to approach it. I personally like eating a lower amount on no workout days and higher amount on workout days. Try one method, if it doesn't work of you, try another:)