Lets get a wriggle on

Options
Happy to get a group going. I don't have anything yet, other than I was reminded to drink lots of water and eat plenty of veg which is clearly the best place to start.

Replies

• Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to your Motivation Central. I can't wait to get started :)
  • gillw15
    gillw15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just what i need...a group like this ive not joined in anything before, im hoping we all motivate each other and stay determined to lose the weight and get fit :)
  • BethLuttrell
    BethLuttrell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not true at all. You have done something... You logged in and are looking for support. That is a HUGE step!
    Question for those who join the group: Do you have outside support from friends/family/coworkers? Do you share your weight loss goals with others or do you hide the fact that you are trying to change your lifestyle?

For me: I do have support of a few close friends and an amazing partner but other than that I keep everything to myself. I am the type that likes to do things in silence and self gratification is my biggest motivator.
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for having me! I've lost 20 lb's over the last 2 weeks, mainly to my wife's extramarital affair and having left me and my children. So I'm turning that HUGE negative and using that bad experience into being a catalyst for getting me back into a more healthy lifestyle for me and my children. I've started jogging and riding my bicycle and making much better food choices.

Lets do this!!

(btw I havent had a diet soda since 9/11, and I used to drink that in vaaaast quantities...yeesh)
  • gillw15
    gillw15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i have my familys support, although im on a diet or starting again every monday, I think there at the point of just raising eyebrows at me as if to say oh again.
    Its a lifestyle change permanantly im going for this time, once im at my target weight i will be shouting it from the rooftops:)
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    Woo hoo for motivation! :) I think this could be pretty beneficial to the majority of us!

Thanks for having me!

I'm Chasity. 29 from the great state of Virginia in the USA..
  • Fkika3131
    Options
    Thanks for having me! I've lost 20 lb's over the last 2 weeks, mainly to my wife's extramarital affair and having left me and my children. So I'm turning that HUGE negative and using that bad experience into being a catalyst for getting me back into a more healthy lifestyle for me and my children. I've started jogging and riding my bicycle and making much better food choices.

Lets do this!!

(btw I havent had a diet soda since 9/11, and I used to drink that in vaaaast quantities...yeesh)

Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    i have my familys support, although im on a diet or starting again every monday, I think there at the point of just raising eyebrows at me as if to say oh again.
    Its a lifestyle change permanantly im going for this time, once im at my target weight i will be shouting it from the rooftops:)

I'm glad you went away from the word "diet" and moved to Lifestyle Change! I think those who can buckle down and accept that it's a serious lifestyle change accomplish so much more! :)
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options

Lets do this!!

Extremely sorry to hear this. Unfortunately as humans, sometimes it takes these types of things for us to realize the things we need to do to mold and shape ourselves into being the best person we can/want to be.

Congratulations to you on your weight loss and soda addiction halt! :)
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    thanks but i wasn't entirely by design. I was a basket case and I think I even forgot to eat one day...lol (which isnt funny). It's been a stressful time and the weight coming off maybe wasn't in a very healthy way but it came off and I wanna keep it coming off the right way! :)

also anyone that wants to can feel free to friend me, I don't think we can have enough friends if it's people struggling with the same day to day battles all needing and offering the same type of encouragement.
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    I don't know if I can invite someone to your group but can we invite this user who is my friend (sister-in-law) and has been a great inspiration for me and a sounding board for everything that I've been going through?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/livegreengoducks
  • greengolfkid
    greengolfkid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not true at all. You have done something... You logged in and are looking for support. That is a HUGE step!
    Question for those who join the group: Do you have outside support from friends/family/coworkers? Do you share your weight loss goals with others or do you hide the fact that you are trying to change your lifestyle?

For me: I do have support of a few close friends and an amazing partner but other than that I keep everything to myself. I am the type that likes to do things in silence and self gratification is my biggest motivator.

I tend to be quite vocal about my attempts to lose weight but as they dont really pan out I feel like the little boy that cried wolf, everybody is positive and helpful and full of advice but I think they all know it aint gonna last, consequently I have so far been a little quieter about it maybe a change of approach is needed anyway.
  • greengolfkid
    Options
    I don't know if I can invite someone to your group but can we invite this user who is my friend (sister-in-law) and has been a great inspiration for me and a sounding board for everything that I've been going through?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/livegreengoducks

its an open group so a message to her with the name of the group, it may be best for you to send it so she knows you in the group and not some weirdo like me randomly mailing people.
  • livegreengoducks
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! I'm the awesome sister-in-law, lol! Mavoo has motivated me to get off the couch and beat this unhealthy life into the ground. I hail from America's Heartland :)
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    yes...we can do this sis!!! Let's kick some *kitten*!!
  • greengolfkid
    Options
    Welcome livegreengodu. Happy to have you on board.
  • Fkika3131
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! I'm the awesome sister-in-law, lol! Mavoo has motivated me to get off the couch and beat this unhealthy life into the ground. I hail from America's Heartland :)

Welcome to MFP that so fantastic and also to meet new awesome ppl.
  • BethLuttrell
    BethLuttrell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I went thru a divorce in December and its so hard to deal with it. I turned to food in a bad way. Glad you are in control and taking care of yourself!
  • Mavalicous
    Options
    thanks....sounds so cliche but it is getting better every day. :)