NEW TO GROUP LOOKING FOR ADVICE TO TAME CRAVINGS

Options
Hello MFP friends! I am new to this group but not new to Low Carb. I have been a low carber before a few years ago and let the cravings get to me and I just quit! I started Atkins again in Jan 2013. I have stuck to it but I do have my days when the cravings win. I just get back on it the next day. I hope to make a lot of friends and get plenty of good advice on how to control these "monthly" cravings. I tend to crave sweets after I eat lunch or dinner so I run to fruit. But soon the fresh fruit and melons will be no more. So I will need all the help I can get to stay on track. These sugar cravings are a MONSTER!! :indifferent:

Replies

• TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I, luckily do not really have a sweet tooth but, a few things that I go to in the occasion that I do crave something sweet short of cooking up things with all of the expensive ingredients are: quest bars (they have many that are like dessert if you nuke them for about 15 seconds). Sugar free jell-o or popsicles may work.

Try this site and go to the sweet snack section!! She has great LC recipes!! http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/snack_recipes.html
  • a_christen
    a_christen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love that website! I bought some Atkins pea it butter chocolate bars for when I get bad cravings, but I am afraid the sugar alcohols in them aren't exactly supposed to be subtracted to get net carbs, so I try to only have 1 or 2 a week. My mama had a quest brownie on her counter and I almost snatched it just to try, maybe I need to get some.
  • afalewyn
    afalewyn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is awesome and you can even whip some cream to go on it. My favorite sweet is Lindt Noir 90% cocoa chocolate. The serving size is pretty decent and the carbs are still low. I also tried the recipe below this morning. They are fat bombs that taste exactly like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups:

http://wiseandfeisty.tumblr.com/post/75913877733/oh-hey-i-made-a-thing-i-have-been-looking-into
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the fat bomb recipe!! I LOVE fat bombs! We will have to start a Fat Bomb Topic Page!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened peppermint tea tends to help me....sometimes. I have 28 sweet teeth. It's a problem.