need help setting food intake

Options
I have been using MFP for months and have great success but am finding that I am working hard and losing weight but feel like I am not eating enough.

Other than this week, I have consistantly lost weight since joining and this week was probably an anomoly more than anything else as I was not bringing my carefully weighed and packed lunches to work. Also, I had a few not so great meal choices a couple of days also.

I am 5'4, 41 years old female, and currently weigh 173 lbs. If I follow MFP as I have been, it sets my food intake to 1290 with a goal of 1 lb a week weight loss. My goal is 20-22% body fat and around 150-155 lbs.

I had my RMR tested this weekend and was told that I have a RMR of 1714.
BF was tested at 29%.

I use a Fitbit to help track my calories burned through the day and a heart rate monitor that I use to calculate my fitness cals burned. I work out with a personal trainer 4 days a week. I also try to strenuously walk for an hour twice a week. I have a very sedentary job where I only get up to get water or go to the bathroom.

I am trying to figure out how to set MFP so I can make sure I am not under or over eating. I see this as two options:
1) Set MFP to 1714, let fitbit give me extra cals like it normally does, add my fitness cals to MFP like I normally do but try to leave 500 cals in the bank at the end of the day. OR
2) Leave MFP at 1290, let fitbit give me the extra cals as it does, add my fitness cal to MFP like I normally do. BUT make sure to eat at least 1714 at day.

Thoughts? Shoudl I use either of these options or go with something altogether different.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What rate are you losing weight at currently?

Give me weekly weight values over the past 6 weeks or so if you have that information.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What rate are you losing weight at currently?

Give me weekly weight values over the past 6 weeks or so if you have that information.

I lose about 1 lb a week.

Weight history:
    7/30
    179 lbs
    8/4
    177.75 lbs
    8/18
    177 lbs
    8/29
    175 lbs
    9/8
    173.5 lbs
    9/17
    172 lbs
    9/22
    173 lbs - gained but probably because of my excess cal intake a few days and not doing my twice a week walk.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would not increase your intake.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the verification. I am going to keep MFP set to 1290, let fitbit add in the cals that it does and add in my workouts like i do. Its plenty to eat and fuel my body.

If I hit a stall, I will be back to ask my questions. Thanks again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for now so we can track active threads. If you want to follow up at any point, just PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread, and we will unlock so you can.
This discussion has been closed.