SOOOO UNCOMFORTABLE IN THIS SKIN WEEK 11

Options
I am starting week 11. And I am officially UNCOMFORTABLE IN THIS SKIN. I am not very far away from the weight I started at when I started my Yo Yo dieting in 2010. I am REALLY REALLY bummed about that. I ripped out a seam on my 2nd of 3 pair of summer shorts, which were lose last year (thank goodness for fall), I broke the underwire on my bra while bending over to pet the dogs, which is now my 3rd bra (and not cheap ones - I am a 42F, so expensive purchases). I went to dinner with a friend on Saturday night and we sat in a booth....I kid you not I got in that booth and my boobs were sitting where my plate should be....I could not move at ALL....it was humiliating. Thank goodness I noticed my tiny friend looked like she had some serious room on her side...turns out the booth was a weird one and one side was narrower, still a tighter fit then I would like. I am tired, now I what I thought was allergies has turned into a cold and I am leaving for work out of town in 2 days....I am so frustrated and READY TO CUT. I have no idea how my cals have been the last week....I have not been counting them, which might explain why I WAS UP ON THE SCALE AGAIN TODAY! I am 5'5 - a large boned girl (measured density), large in the chest and was a very active young woman and gymnist/dancer. So I have some muscle density....but 255lbs is tooooooo much now. I feel like after 11 weeks I need to start getting the weight off not keep packing it on....I am 45 lbs from 300....that is toooooo much. I started this journey at 236. I am so uncomfortable in my body, just getting in and out of the car....I mean this 15-20lbsgained is really not working for me....physically.

Thoughts?

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    Options
    I cant remember your doing weights too???

Also when are you planning to cut?? Your doing amazing sticking to it babe and doing it the right way xoxox
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought of trying a vegetarian diet with no added oil? I know that might sound radical, but here's the thing. Fat takes a fewer calories to store than carbohydrates do. Watch the movie Forks Over Knives and you'll see what I'm talking about. Our family has always been vegetarian, and we're not vegan even yet (we eat eggs occasionally; were using dairy but just figured out our baby is allergic to it, so I cut that out just this weekend). Last week was the second full week on this diet, and I lost 1.5 lb in 7 days, and I never was hungry except right before meal time. I can eat as much quantity as I want, so I feel full, but because it's low in fat, I end up getting fewer calories. I haven't been logging since I started this diet, either. (Well, I logged about 2 days and then gave up, since I didn't have time to edit all the old recipes and enter new ones.) You really should at least consider it. I have more energy that I've ever had and have been losing weight even though I was too sick to exercise this week (just a cold, and appetite was normal). If you can get ahold of any of Dr. McDougall's books that have recipes in them, it can give you ideas you can use.

It's just a thought. Might help. And hey, it wouldn't hurt to try, even if you don't stick with it. You might lose a bit and feel better, and once you feel better, it makes you not want to go back. I mean, all I've done to our diet was cut out oil, and I feel so much better I don't have any desire to eat oily food or even salad dressing with oil in it anymore, and I've only been on it 2 weeks.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    All due respect given. I am a meat eater. I live in cattle country and I am not planning to change that. :) I am not sure I understand your post. Are you doing the EM2WL plan? I am in the RESET phase. So I am not trying to lose right at this moment. I am just trying to maintain and get through the mental ISSUES !!!!!!!! Sounds like you have found a great plan for you and your family! I am just gonna stick this damn next 4 weeks out........ahhhhhh 16 week reset DRAMAS!!!
    Have you ever thought of trying a vegetarian diet with no added oil? I know that might sound radical, but here's the thing. Fat takes a fewer calories to store than carbohydrates do. Watch the movie Forks Over Knives and you'll see what I'm talking about. Our family has always been vegetarian, and we're not vegan even yet (we eat eggs occasionally; were using dairy but just figured out our baby is allergic to it, so I cut that out just this weekend). Last week was the second full week on this diet, and I lost 1.5 lb in 7 days, and I never was hungry except right before meal time. I can eat as much quantity as I want, so I feel full, but because it's low in fat, I end up getting fewer calories. I haven't been logging since I started this diet, either. (Well, I logged about 2 days and then gave up, since I didn't have time to edit all the old recipes and enter new ones.) You really should at least consider it. I have more energy that I've ever had and have been losing weight even though I was too sick to exercise this week (just a cold, and appetite was normal). If you can get ahold of any of Dr. McDougall's books that have recipes in them, it can give you ideas you can use.

It's just a thought. Might help. And hey, it wouldn't hurt to try, even if you don't stick with it. You might lose a bit and feel better, and once you feel better, it makes you not want to go back. I mean, all I've done to our diet was cut out oil, and I feel so much better I don't have any desire to eat oily food or even salad dressing with oil in it anymore, and I've only been on it 2 weeks.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Hey - I realized 8 weeks into a re-set that my 2400 cal TDEE was an incorrect TDEE for me, so it was a mutual decision that I would go an additional 4 weeks. TOTAL 16 Weeks of Reset. 8 weeks of 2800 cals.

I do workout when I am feeling well. But do basic Strength training 15-20 mins. I have noticed some changes in my muscles, so I could be adding muscle for sure. 3 weeks now I have not been feeling all that well. My workouts have reflected that.
    I cant remember your doing weights too???

Also when are you planning to cut?? Your doing amazing sticking to it babe and doing it the right way xoxox
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    There are no big words of wisdom. This part of the journey is rough, but you are doing such a great job.
    I think it is fantastic, that you are adding on another 8 weeks at your higher TDEE.
    Just keep going and focus on the time that will come after the reset.
    Don't give up and just hang in there. We are here to support you along the way.
    You can do it!
  • arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 & I know how you feel. I have days where I feel bloated (especially if I'm over my TDEE by a bit) & then if I eat clean (& at TDEE)- I feel so much better the following days.

Out of curiosity- what made you pursue 16 weeks & not 8?
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I can understand the frustration you're feeling. I panic a little every week when I get on the scale. I'm not taking as long for my reset, but I'm realizing that the most important quality to possess with EM2WL is patience. I thought I was a patient person. But gaining weight when my goal is to lose is very frustrating and a constant challenge to that patience.

I constantly question whether I'm doing the "right thing" by extending my reset, but in my head, I know it's what my body needs to be convinced that I'm not going to abuse it anymore with LCD.

Lifting has been my redeemer. Seeing the non-scale victories from that is what keeps me going. I really think it goes hand-in-hand with eating more.

Do you know why you haven't been feeling well?
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I intially thought I would do 8-10 weeks of reset. But I really damaged my metabolism with a very very strict diet and hormone. So I basically thought at least 12 weeks would be best. By week8 I realized upon using a new TDEE calculator that I had been eating 400 under my TDEE for the entire 8 weeks and decided to up to the 2800 cals I need and do another 8 weeks. Which has proven hard. If I go under my BMR even 1-2 days I gain 4 lbs. This has happened now 4 times.......so I am not really stable at all feel like. Just proving YOU HAVE TO EAT. So that is why I am doing a longer reset :)

I'm on week 7 & I know how you feel. I have days where I feel bloated (especially if I'm over my TDEE by a bit) & then if I eat clean (& at TDEE)- I feel so much better the following days.

Out of curiosity- what made you pursue 16 weeks & not 8?
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    <<< No patience. LOL. I have been feeling under the weather since the week of TOM. I attribute the first week of feeling yuck to that, and in that week I did not do well in preparing healthy food choices. Well what I consider healthy anyway. I had alot of processed foods, and determined that Gluten/carbs/processed make my joints hurt like no bodys business, we were broke and I had to go to food bank to grab some items to get through....this all came the 2nd week. 3rd week I was feeling pretty depressed.....likely from week 1 and 2 catching up. And here I am week 4 and I am sick with a head/chest cold......:/ But we got a juicer and I have $ for food :) So better choices are being made :) I can say, my body is changing, I have some serious biceps forming.....but I am sick :( Just gonna give myself a break and stop feeling sorry for myself.....you know that 1 friend that you hate to answer the phone for cause she is always Debbie Downer....yeah that is me this month :P

I can understand the frustration you're feeling. I panic a little every week when I get on the scale. I'm not taking as long for my reset, but I'm realizing that the most important quality to possess with EM2WL is patience. I thought I was a patient person. But gaining weight when my goal is to lose is very frustrating and a constant challenge to that patience.

I constantly question whether I'm doing the "right thing" by extending my reset, but in my head, I know it's what my body needs to be convinced that I'm not going to abuse it anymore with LCD.

Lifting has been my redeemer. Seeing the non-scale victories from that is what keeps me going. I really think it goes hand-in-hand with eating more.

Do you know why you haven't been feeling well?