So sick of Debbie Downer - She needs ta GO!

Options
Sick of being Debbie Downer!!!!! Ok, so I am 255lbs.......almost where I was when I started all the darned YoYo-ing that got me back here again...just as fat as when I started and a jacked up metabolism on the side. I am sick today....have a darn head/chest cold. That makes week 4 of feeling like HELL. Chain reaction - TOM, Broke and heading to the food pantry for food, processed foods causing me to hurt, depression and now a cold....4 weeks...seriously gotta let it GO, So all that being said. I have been wanting to try and keep the processed foods off my plate, since I have realized they make me hurt. That is what I am gonna focus this month on......NOT losing, gaining, stabilizing....just that. If the rest happens then great. I am going to be sure I get AT LEAST 10 mins of good lifting in a day......just for my sanity. And if I do not cut for another 12 weeks (My goal is to cut Dec) that is fine by me. So sick of worrying about this fat.....I am just as fat as I was when I started hyper dieting in 2008....LOL I mean seriously that is insane!

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I think you are doing fantastic. Sticking to what you know is best for you in the long run. Setting a non scale goal I think is an awesome idea. I read you last post and I can relate to the boobs on a plate...mine have never gone down even after losing close to 55lbs. Size down but not cup...now 10ff.:flowerforyou:
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am very familiar with ole' Debbie... Ugh! I think I dislike her so because when I see her in other people, it reminds me of me... But there are a couple things I tell myself that snap me out of the Downer mindset.

1. Michael Ventrella (Biggest Loser, Season 9 winner) said: "I’ve been emotional about my weight for WAY too long. It’s time to STOP being emotional and fight this battle"! Being emotional about weight is a self-fulfilling, downward spiral. It actually prevents being in control, taking charge, being strong, etc. When I say this to myself, I feel more like "I am WOMAN - Hear me roar"! :laugh:

2. The other thing I do is to examine... What am I letting come between me and what I want? What am I placing between myself and my goals? Sore knees? Tired back? Am I telling myself I deserve a break? Am I feeling sorry for myself because I still weigh 300 lbs (now 302)? Once I figure out what I'm putting in my own way, it makes it a lot easier to kick Debbie to the curb! Don't get in my way when I want something, Debbie! I will cut a b#($@)!

I WISH I weighed what you weigh! :smile: And I will.

Hang in there. In a few months, this will all be history.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!~

I am very familiar with ole' Debbie... Ugh! I think I dislike her so because when I see her in other people, it reminds me of me... But there are a couple things I tell myself that snap me out of the Downer mindset.

1. Michael Ventrella (Biggest Loser, Season 9 winner) said: "I’ve been emotional about my weight for WAY too long. It’s time to STOP being emotional and fight this battle"! Being emotional about weight is a self-fulfilling, downward spiral. It actually prevents being in control, taking charge, being strong, etc. When I say this to myself, I feel more like "I am WOMAN - Hear me roar"! :laugh:

2. The other thing I do is to examine... What am I letting come between me and what I want? What am I placing between myself and my goals? Sore knees? Tired back? Am I telling myself I deserve a break? Am I feeling sorry for myself because I still weigh 300 lbs (now 302)? Once I figure out what I'm putting in my own way, it makes it a lot easier to kick Debbie to the curb! Don't get in my way when I want something, Debbie! I will cut a b#($@)!

I WISH I weighed what you weigh! :smile: And I will.

Hang in there. In a few months, this will all be history.