Hypothyroidism

Options
Onederchic
Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
I am wondering if anyone with hypothyroidism has had success with EM2WL? I started at 330 pounds in 2008. I lost 150 pounds by eating around 1500 calories and doing circuit training (ie 3DS and others) 4 or 5 days a week. I then got insurance and started seeing a doctor, was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on Levothyroxine and Cytomel. That doctor thought the Cytomel may have been causing my insomnia (it wasn't) and took me off it to check but then he was transferred to Germany (he is a military doctor) and I was assigned a new doctor who only believes in treating a TSH level and refused to put me back on Cytomel. In that time, I gained 63 pounds even though I was still counting calories and had upped my workouts a bit. My TSH level was extremely high again so the new doctor upped my Levothyroxine to 125mcg, which is my current dose. As of today, I am down 135 pounds but I still struggle with weight loss, or consistent weight loss. I use heybales spreadsheet which has my TDEE - % at around 2300. I will admit that I do not get that high, I usually am around 1700-1800 on average. I workout a lot. My total is around 15 hours a week with cardio, endurance lifting and heavy lifting. I only do as much as I do because without it, my days are very sedentary. I do not work, I have no kids, my boyfriend is gone to work 9 hours a day and I have mild agoraphobia so I am in my house a lot. I use the treadmill, DVDs and my boyfriend's weight bench/free weights/ barbell. I am wondering if I need to do a reset. I am not sure if it is something I should consider with hypothyroidism and would like some advice of those who have done this.

Sorry for this being so long, I didn't intend for it to be!

Replies