DOMS after Bikram

Options
kjm3579
kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
So, recently, I've been able to do more in some of my Bikram classes and some of the instructors are also adjusting me or suggesting things to make a pose better. Anyway, after a few hours I'll start to get sore and then later In the day very stiff and tight. I figure it's DOMS from the poses and other than taking vitamins and aspirins I'm wondering what will help eliminate the problem from occurring in the first place. I do 6 am class 5x a week and try to drink enough water.:ohwell:

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your body is adjusting to the instructor's corrections. Has the DOMs lasted longer than a couple weeks?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I have been getting very stiff/sore later in the day after Bikram, especially since I have progressed a little in the poses and have had some individual attention. At least the problem is mostly gone by the next morning but then comes back again after the next class. The beginning of this week it was particularly bad but now today (Wed.) I had a great class and I'm hoping for a good evening as well!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would give it some time. Your body might be adjusting to the deeper poses. I couldn't do standing head to knee for the first 8 months and when I finally was able to do it, I would get sore muscles afterwards. It ended up going away so I figured it was just a new stretch my body had to get used to. It's like starting a new sport using new muscles, you get sore. Your body might be using different muscles as you go deeper into the poses.