Shirataki Noodles

Options
Did yall ever try Shirataki Noodles? They are a plant source noodle sub. They seem weird at first but if you want to be hard core LC, they are do-able!! They are zero carbs, zero cals, zero everything! You buy them in packs, drain, rinse and boil for a min or two OR you can throw them in stir fries. They soak up the flavors of sauces kind of like tofu does. Texture is a little different but I have used the angel hair, spaghetti and rice ones and flavor-wise, they are good! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

Replies

• penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE 'em - BUT you must rinse, rinse, rinse & rinse again and dry them REALLY well in a non stick skillet - we use them a lot - as a hot dish with pesto or cold for an asian infusion type salad - DELISH!!!!
  • a_christen
    a_christen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just bought several packs of these. I got the ones with tofu added bc that's all they had at my local store. Think they are Miracle noodles? That adds a few carbs, but I'm ok with that. I haven't used them yet though. I'm a sucker for meat sauce and I found a good low carb premade pasta sauce, so I may try this soon. Glad to see that I need to rinse rinse rinse...don't want to be disappointed.