staying motivated

Options
I just started on mon.what do i do on thw non running days and when i do run how do stay running when it hurts?

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The biggest key to completing this is starting slow, really slow. If you think you can run slower then run slower. If you can't hold a conversation during your run then you are going too fast.

As far as pain, you need to be more specific. Is it in the bone? Is it in the muscles? In your foot?

If you are sore after your runs then you should use the rest days for just that, rest. At least until your body has adjusted to the stress and you are no longer sore from your runs. At that point, you can bring in some easy cross training such as an easy bike ride or short walks, but keep them easy. The rest day is a recovery day, and there is a lot going on in your body that needs to gradually adjust to your new routine.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Run slow.

It's three days a week, 30 minutes a day. Don't worry about being motivated. Just get out there every other day and check the box.

Are you feeling pain or are you anticipating pain? You shouldn't hurt during the run, though you might have some soreness after. In the first few runs, its probably indicating that you need to slow down, but I'd need more information.