October Goals

Options
kgerm317
kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
Hey mamas! With a new month approaching quickly, it's time to start thinking about what we'd like to accomplish...

After a loss of only 1.6 pounds in September, I am a little discouraged. My goal of weighing in at 175 before November 13th is totally realistic, or at least I thought it was!! That deadline is approaching quickly and the scale doesn't seem to want to move.

SO... my goals for October:

-Stay within my calorie goals
-Run 4 days/ week
-Start doing something for strength- kettlebell, maybe? 2-3 days/ week
-Hopefully I can see numbers in the 170's by the end of the month... I need to lose 1.25 pounds per week to get to goal.

I'll weigh in on Tuesdays...
10/1:
10/8:
10/15:
10/22:
10/29:

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You got this! Try doing different types of exercises & definitely incorporate strength training. You have done an amazing job & are working hard. The closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it will be. My weight loss for Sept had been fairly slow until I started eating a bit more & exercising more. Hang in there. A loss is better than a gain!
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My October goals are:

1. Get through week 8 of C25K
    2. No pop
    3. Branch out with meal choices to find a healthy variety of recipes
    4. Lose 5-10 lbs
  • kgerm317
    Options
    My October goals are:

1. Get through week 8 of C25K
    2. No pop
    3. Branch out with meal choices to find a healthy variety of recipes
    4. Lose 5-10 lbs

Great goals!! If you can get through #2 for the month, you can keep going and I bet you notice a HUGE difference! You got this :)

As for recipes, check out sparkrecipes.com. They have some really great meals, sides, etc. You can even search the recipes by how many calories a serving has!!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My October Goals:

1. Lose a pound a week.
    2. Start trying to eat clean.
    3. Cook a clean dinner for the family 4 nights of the week.
    4. Keep with Jamie Eason's Livefit schedule.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My Goals for October are
    1) Run at least 40 miles
    2) Lose 4 lbs (which will get me back to my pre-preg weight)
    3) Drink 64 oz water or more per day
    4) Cook a clean/healthy dinner at least 6 days a week (with the exception of 10/25-10/28 which is a trip for my anniversary)

My weigh days will be 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/24 ( and 10/31 if I haven't met my weight goal before 10/24)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    October goals:
    1) I have joined a local women runners group. I will run with them on Saturdays whenever I'm not working, and will run the same route without them at some point on the weekend if I am working at the official time.
    2) I want to weigh 156 by Halloween
    3) Home bake my daughter's birthday cake, and bring appropriate snacks to potluck Halloween parties
    4) Drink my protein powder every single day I am low on protein, even if I have to shuffle my calories to do so! (I often come in low on protein and end up skipping my drink due to not having the calories at end of day--I'll just have to drink it early then, I suppose)

I will weigh in tomorrow for my starting weight, and every Friday will be "official" weigh-ins.
  • chandanista
    Options
    October goals:
    1) I have joined a local women runners group. I will run with them on Saturdays whenever I'm not working, and will run the same route without them at some point on the weekend if I am working at the official time.
    2) I want to weigh 156 by Halloween
    3) Home bake my daughter's birthday cake, and bring appropriate snacks to potluck Halloween parties
    4) Drink my protein powder every single day I am low on protein, even if I have to shuffle my calories to do so! (I often come in low on protein and end up skipping my drink due to not having the calories at end of day--I'll just have to drink it early then, I suppose)

I will weigh in tomorrow for my starting weight, and every Friday will be "official" weigh-ins.
    OK I am putting my starting weight 9/27 as 159.
    10/4:
    10/11:
    10/18:
    10/25:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    October goals:
    1. Run 5K every Sunday
    2. Cardio 5X week
    3. Strength training 3X week
    4. Yoga 3X week
    5. Drink 8+ glasses of water daily
    6. Eat smaller meals more often

CW 9/27: 145lbs
    GW 10/31: 140lbs
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    October goals:
    1. Set a routine for working out, and stick to it no matter what
    2. Actually call about restarting my snap membership
    3. Stay within my calorie goals
    4. Drink more water
    5. Push myself

CW 9/28: 188
    GW 10/31: 180
  • kgerm317
    Options

-Run 4 days/ week
    -Hopefully I can see numbers in the 170's by the end of the month... I need to lose 1.25 pounds per week to get to goal.

10/1: 185.6 (TOM)
    10/8:
    10/15:
    10/22:
    10/29:

My plan for this week:
    Tues- Run at lunch (2 miles)
    Wed- 15 minutes kettlebell, walk at lunch
    Thu- Run at lunch (2 miles)
    Fri- 15 minutes kettlebell
    Sat- Run
    Sun- Clean (I clean a LARGE office building as a 2nd job- approx. 5 hours of heavy cleaning)
    Mon- Walk at lunch

My mom is coming up from Florida for the weekend so I am excited!! Haven't seen her in a couple of months. I'm hoping that it will help refresh my outlook on things. I am still discouraged and feeling like I'm in a bit of a slump. My mom always seems to know just how to pick me up and put me back on my feet.
  • chandanista
    Options
    I am glad yesterday was the last day of September because I did not do so well! Today = new month, great start. Hopefully. Lol.
  • kgerm317
    Options
    I am glad yesterday was the last day of September because I did not do so well! Today = new month, great start. Hopefully. Lol.

I am with you on hoping for a better month for October!!!

I posted my plan for the week this morning and about 10 minutes later got a call from the school nurse. One of my boys had a belly ache and was not feeling well. So I had to take my lunch break to go get him instead of running... Not off to a good start! But I'm hoping to be able to go to the middle school tonight and maybe get 2.5 in instead of just the 2 that I would have ran at lunch.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    -My first goal is to lose 4 lbs and get down to 125. I am still yo yoing between a couple lbs.
    -Stick to one coke zero a day. I am currently drinking 2-3.
    -Try not to eat after dinner. I usually eat too many snacks after dinner and put myself over for the day.

SW-129
    GW-125
  • Aredelings
    Aredelings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    1. Run 3 races to keep on track for my 30 by 30th bday (in January)
    1)Whistlestop Half Marathon 10/12
    2)Downtown Dash 5K 10/20
    3)Pumpkin Run 10k 10/27

2. More Strength training (I am so bad at this : / 3xper week

3. Less Sugar, I keep going over, mostly from fruit though
  • msha_sf
    msha_sf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1) Workout everyday for 21 days, On Day 3 today.
    2) Low carbs, high protein diet, which is a challenge being vegertarian
    3) Eat well on the weekends (everything goes out of the door on weekends)
    4) Stop eating daughters leftover food...everything she doesnt eat goes in my mouth :/
  • chandanista
    Options
    Not a great week. My husband's depression has been acting up for a month now, it came to a head and I had to practically force him to the doctor's office to get his meds adjusted. He still managed to put up a fuss and make the whole trip difficult, I know it's not on purpose but it's still hard to deal with.

When he gets depressed, I have to handle all the housework after work, cook dinner (and sort out leftovers for the next day), and I try to juggle the kids away for a bit so he gets a quiet time break (he's a SAHD so doesn't get much of a break during the week, unless we have family "kidnap" the kids for an afternoon here and there); packing in a day of work after my day of paying work results in stress on me, which often results in eating.

I managed to maintain at 159 until this morning, I ate some very salty chicken and potatoes last night (didn't even taste good but I could NOT stop myself--I hate that lack of control feeling, followed by stomach pain feeling) and skimped my water yesterday and so weighed in at 162 today.

I am hoping his med adjustment kicks in over the weekend, and we can go back to our regularly scheduled program in which we take turns cooking and I have a half hour to an hour to work out most evenings.
  • Aredelings
    Aredelings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another goal is to not get sick, everyone around me is and I am so nervous about missing my half marathon!!!
  • chandanista
    Options
    I hope you don't catch anything, I know that something as simple as a cough or just fatigue can really affect a person's race time. I did my first half marathon last month, and it was amazing! Best of luck on yours this Saturday!

I am proud to say that I got up this morning and went for a 2 mile run, and 1 mile walk. There were kids all over the place waiting for their busses, I am sure they had a good laugh about my jiggly jog but whatevers.
  • kgerm317
    Options

-Run 4 days/ week

10/1: 185.6 (TOM)
    10/8: 186.2
    10/15:
    10/22:
    10/29:

Ouch. Okay, maybe this will be my wake up call. Because I clearly NEED something to help me get my butt back in gear. It's apparent that I will not see my goal of 175 by November 13th.

I am going back to limiting my starchy carbs. I WILL GET UP ON THE DAYS I DON'T RUN TO DO 15 MINUTES OF KETTLEBELL. I will STOP eating junk while watching TV at night. I will do it even though I am discouraged and feeling like my motivation and determination is on a permanent vacation.
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    KGerm you can do it! My weakness is eating at night in front of the tv too. It seems to be my only me time and a time I can just veg out. I'm still trying to control it, but I enjoy having cheeze its or a snack like that after dinner. I also went up a pound and I'm not quite sure why. I feel stuck. We just have to keep going in the right direction :)

10/10- 129 ( I was 128 yesterday! Maybe because I did weights yesterday and I'm pretty sore today?)