LADIES-INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Options
Hi Ladies-

Please introduce yourself. This includes starting, current and goal weights! Thank you for joining!

Replies

• karenjanel
    karenjanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

My name is Karen. I am 34 years old and newly married. I have gained all of the weight that I originally lost back since being married as I extended the free-for-all honeymoon eating for 4 months . . .

My current weight is 214. My long term goal weight is 158.

I plan on using my Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam DVDs.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm Leanne. I am 27 years old. My current weight is 162. I don't really have a goal weight. I just want to be toned and fit.
    I am currently doing Insanity.
  • frosfoodfashion
    Options
    Hey ladies! Thanks for commenting.

My name is Jessika. Im 23. Im currently at 280 pounds...50 of which I gained in the last year (PCOS/Birth Control/Hormone Issues). Losing weight with PCOS is harder (according to every doctor i've seen in the last year) so I HAVE to work out everyday for at LEAST 30 minutes.

I do that by walking a mile during my lunch hour (18-20 minutes) and working out 30 minutes (10 minute solutions bootcamp and pilates). My biggest struggle is finding the time. Im about to be a grad student next fall so while I have the time now (technically), I won't have ANY time next fall. I also commute 90 minutes to and from work.

My goal weight is 175...which I haven't been since middle school- when I was a size 7/9 in juniors. I hope to get most of this weight (at least 50 pounds of it) off before I start grad school in August.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My name is Beverley. I just turn 42. I'm from the caribbean where the food is good, but the calories involved is more than I would like to reveal. With diabetes being rampant in my family, I need to do something.

I have tried different groups on here and fell off the wagon, but I'm ready to get back on track. I'm curerntly in another group that challenges you to loose weight for Christmans, so let's see how that goes.

I plan on working out at leat 3 times per week and cut down on my food intake. I also have a sweet tooth.

My goal is to get to my healthy weight range, because as it is now, I'm overweight.

It's good to have an outlet with folks who can relate and not judge.

Good luck to you all on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Hikant2k2
    Hikant2k2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tasha. I just turn 42 on the 19th. My starting weight was 244. The last time I
    weight myself I was 229. I am trying to get out of the 200 ' s by the end of the year.
  • elegantone
    elegantone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies my name is Erica, I'm 44yrs my starting weight was 223lbs, current 177 goal 165. It has been a long journey but worth it, just to see my body transform is amazing. What has help me is a low card high protein diet along with Shaun T's Hip Hop Ab,Zumba and walking.
  • jennyann225
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jenny and I am a 32 yr old wife and mother of three, all under 6. I am currently at 250 and my goal is 170. I gained so much weight throughout my pregnancies and I want to take back the control. I hadn't found the time but I just worked it out as to when I can do real exercise. I want to start out with a realistic goal and shoot for 25-35 lbs by Christmas. Let's wish me luck as I wish all of you. Good luck ladies and remember to stay focused and happy throughout the whole experience.
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Corissia and I am 29 years old. My goal is to be in a size 10-12 by the time I am 30 which is next June. I do not have any children and I am not married. I am using Turbo Fire and I am on week 6 but I missed like 1 and 1/2 and just picked up where I left off which was at the beginning of week 3 on the schedule so I have been consistent for 3 weeks and I am moving forward. I wegh 260 lbs and I have a long way to go and everyday I do the workout for that day, when I start the workout I dread it when I finish I am happy. My clothes are getting looser and I am excited about that.
  • ElizabethT72
    ElizabethT72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My name is Elizabeth and I am 41 years old. I am a wife and mother of three. I am a stay at home Mom. So I have the time for work outs but I don't have the energy on most days. I have realized that when I do work out or at least go for a walk I usually feel much better. I need some motivation!! My current weight is 225lbs and my goal weight is 170lbs. I need to get healthy. Good luck to everyone. Lets get healthy and fit together.
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My name is Kim & I'll be 47 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to shedding about 100 pounds before I hit 50 in 3 years. I've been on & off my plan for years & really need to get it together & focus.

All time highest weight outside of MFP is 298, my lowest weight was at 160.

MFP Totals:

SW - 273
    CW - 259
    GW - 175
  • healthycyb
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Char. I'm 20 years old and a college student. I tried MFP once before in 2011 but I don't think I was ready yet to lose weight. After gaining 50 pounds in the last couple of years, and also watching my dad lose his sight from diabetes, I'm ready to get healthy and be the person i've always wanted to be. Life is too short to live it in a way that you don't want to.

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 300.2
    CW: 295.8
    GW: 199
  • dfcdiva514
    dfcdiva514 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

My name is Trish. I recently made the decision to get it together. I am 44 years old. My current weight is 245 and my goal weight is 185. I am doing a lower carb/ high protein eating plan. I walk 3 miles, 5 days a week, and do water aerobics once a week. My goal is to complete a triathalon next year. I may come in last, but finishing is the goal. I am excited to be able to move and not be in pain. I believe that praying for divine health while eating cupcakes is not pleasing to God :-), so I thought I better take care of this beautiful temple that I have been given. I look forward to the support of you all and also pray that I can be an encouragement to you as well.

Peace and Blessings.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I'm Angelina and started this weight loss journey at 257 lbs. I'm currently 220 and my goal weight is around 175. My goal for October is to lose 4-5 lbs.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My name is Kim & I'll be 47 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to shedding about 100 pounds before I hit 50 in 3 years. I've been on & off my plan for years & really need to get it together & focus.

All time highest weight outside of MFP is 298, my lowest weight was at 160.

MFP Totals:

SW - 273
    CW - 259
    GW - 175

Happy Birthday:flowerforyou:
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    Happy Birthday. Wishing you many more.
  • tyfrei10
    tyfrei10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Tyfannie and I am 33 years old. I am currently 300 and my weight goal is about 170. I have been on and off of MFP but I am here to stay! Feel free to add me!
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Bonita and I am 44 years old. I am a wife and mother of three. I work full time and I am very busy with family and work life. I have been putting myself last and taking care of everyone and everything else first. Needless to say, this has caused me to neglect myself, mainly my health and weight. I am a diabetic and reallyyyyyyyy!!!! need to get the weight off so that I can stop giving myself insulin shots. I am so tired of it. I am currently 257 and my goal is at least 180. I have a long way to go so I desire your prayers and encouragement. I am currently using my gym at work and doing zumba classes two days a week. I try to work out five days a week. I look forward to completing my journey with all of you.
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    Hi, I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am diabetic as well and trying to avoid the same thing. I had an aunt and uncle die from complications of diabetes because they did not take care of themselves. The best thing you can do for your dad is not let it happen to you. Good luck and God bless. You can do it!
  • bonitafelder
    Options
    Sorry, this post was meant for healthyCYB
  • healthycyb
    Options
    Hi Bonita,

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I look forward to seeing you do well on your journey and I'll be praying for you. Thanks again