Food Labels... Tracking... Do you pay attention?

Options
I am just curious how many of you actually read the content of the food we eat? Read beyond the calories?

I have found that I am just strictly looking at calorie counts and nothing else. I know I need to reduce the sugar intake after looking at my tracker today. I just never really thought about it.

I am aware of the ingredients in the food I consume and have been actively trying to reduce the processed foods and dyes but I never REALLY look athe labels.

I know sodium can cause bloating and swelling
and protein will keep me full longer
and sugar is bad (just b/c)
But what else should I focus on and why?

Replies

• Simples77
    Simples77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If I'm honest, I read them but only really take note of the cals. Once I drop some weight ill start taking more notice of the sodium
  • livegreengoducks
    Options
    Looks like so far we are all doing about the same! I look at cal, then protein and then salt. I mostly care about cal (for obvious reasons), but lately have been paying a lot more attention to salt. Man, these food manufacturers are really killing us with the salt! I'm just getting back started so I am watching cals for now and trying to not over use sodium. This is just what I know how to do. Eventually I would like to get away from HFC (high fructose corn syrup), and start eating clean. Eating as close to natural and as close to the earth as we can is our best bet to keeping weight off while still feeding our bodies. Its just really a challenge now days because industry has taken us so far away from it. Its a little overwhelming which is why I am just starting with what I know and will incorporate better eating as I learn more and get some better practices in.
  • greengolfkid
    greengolfkid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Calories only for me right now, as i get into eating less and eating more fresh food then i will start considering the other values (maybe not tho I've never really cared much before)