I am Back - Sister is Recovering

Options
RheneeB
RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
Hey everyone - got back in town last night. My sister's surgerg had gotten postponed a couple of days due to complications but they finally operated on Monday morning. Her brain surgery was a huge success and it was amazing how differently this one affected her from the one she had 5 years ago (she had 2 brain anueryisms all together). I got to go to ICU and see her 2 hours after surgery and I was amazed...there was no swelling and no bruising. She was wide awake, had all her motor skills and said she felt like she didn't even have surgery. I knew she was going to be just fine when 3 hours after surgery she was asking if I had any chocolate I could sneak her!!! The surgeon was amazed himself and at well she has done. He sent her home yesterday so she is now in mom's care!!

I was proud that I stayed on track as far as eating which is huge considering a friend of my sister's brought her a gift bag loaded down with all kinds of candy (which I thought was not such a good idea). I spend a lot of time sitting on my butt so it is time to kick it back in gear!!

Hope you are all have been doing well.