Words of wisdom

Options
I am starting Ideal Protein next Friday. Any word of wisdom fr a newbie with 85lbs to lose?
Any success stories?

Replies

• cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1) Your first 3 days will be the hardest until your body can establish ketosis.
    2) Keep your exercise low-key, especially for the first month or more - you'll find yourself out of breath anyways.
    3) VARIETY - both in your IP foods and in your daily vegetables! Variety will set you up for good habits when you're all done!
  • lisamy1088
    lisamy1088 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will do great! At first I thought all I could eat was boring foods but I have learned to add more spices and am experimenting more with new veggies. I can't get past the taste of the IP soups though. They just were not for me!
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    if you have any soup left that you don't want to waste, try adding lots of steamed veggies to them. And watch that you don't overheat the protein, it almost seems to curdle... :P
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to ignore the negative comments you may get from people when they hear you're on IP. If I had $4.75 for every, "it's so expensive!", I would have 6 months worth of packets on my shelf. My simple answer is, it's cheaper than high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, backaches, etc.!
  • Rumbagirl9
    Rumbagirl9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My best advice is not to cheat. At all. ever! Some diets are very forgiving of cheating, but this one is not. Your weight loss will fall from 3 -5 lbs a week down to almost nothing! Just stick with the plan...