Sunday Best
    Scott Foil 15

Down and Dirty in the Dark nights
    Scott Aspect 29er

Next..............Looking for a nice classic steel road bike
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and am actually looking at 2 more now. Might only get 1 though. PPl who don't ride don't understand and that's okay too :)
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I currently have 4:

BH Ultra Light DA DI2
    Cannondale SuperSix HiMod EVO DA 7900
    Custom track frame with DA drive train
    Rocky Mountain Element 70 with XTR
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Haha, so glad it's not me who has to justify to people why I have more than 1 bike!!!

I have three:

Norco Charger mountain bike, entry level, front fork suspension only, for bombing around the tracks near me, nothing technical, just fun whizzing through mud and puddles!

Specialized Vita Elite hybrid bike, love it for commuting and utility rides (like going to places for a purpose) - still a great commuter as deals brilliantly with the AWFUL road conditions on my longer route home.

Giant Avail 1 road bike. My first ever road bike. Love it - it's nippy and fun. BUT already have my eye on a new one next year (I do it through the Cyclescheme my company sign up to with the government so you get it discounted and from your salary over 12 months)... the Planet X Women's Pro Carbon bike. Oh and I also saw a lovely Pinarello one at the Cycle Show exhibition the other day, the Pinarello Marvel - a cool £3,500 - so perhaps that's a fantasy bike!!!

Love reading about everybody's bikes and what they use them for :-)
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I only own one bike that I use for commuting and single track, and my husband has three. :noway: I would love to one day own a road bike! I have a wsd Trek top fuel, that used to be a Gary fisher in its former life!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yeti ASR 5
    Niner Air 9
    Surly 1x1

Specialized Roubaix
    Cervelo P2
    Jamis Quest
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yep, darn things are like potato chips ( crisps), can't have just one. I ended up explaining to my brother in terms he understood: airplanes. He flies a Pitts 2c acrobatic, a Mooney (fast prop) and a multi engine jet. So he finally understood right toy for the trip. He just does not get the sweat part though. :happy:
  • ralphroach
    ralphroach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well it good to see that I don’t need a twelve step program for bike addiction. I own 4 bikes

Trail Bike – Custom built up Santa Cruz Nickel with X9 component groups
    XC Bike - Trek/Gary Fisher Excalibur stock except for the XT/ Sun Rhino Lite 36 spoke wheels
    Tour Bike – Custom built up flat bar Surly disc trucker with SRAM X9 components.
    Race Bike – Specialized Apex stock except the Ultegra/Velocity Deep-V 36 Spoke Rims.

My wife keeps kidding me that I’ll build a fat tire bike or single speed next but this winters project will likely be wheel building instead.
  • aliciaje
    Options
    I would really like a fat tire bike!! Since the ground is covered with snow for 6 months of the year I think it is a necessity.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have 2 bikes

Specialized Tarmac
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    2-- My daily commuter bike and my road bike for speed. If I was stupid rich I'd also get a mountain bike and a cyclocross bike.
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would really like a fat tire bike!! Since the ground is covered with snow for 6 months of the year I think it is a necessity.

They are even MORE fun in summer! I've had one for about 3 years now, it's been a blast.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have 4. 3 of which I ride regurarly and one I might get rid of.

Felt z5 road, Giant Anthem Mountain, and Specialized Sirrus hybrid/commuter. The fourth is an old Fuji hardtail that I haven't ridden since I got the Giant.

I wish to acquire a Gunnar touring/cross/sport bike (haven't decided, but it would be my new commuter/century bike); a 650b all-mountain like the new Giant Trance or maybe Santa Cruz, and a 24/26" BMX style for riding around with the kids.

ps. Reading this thread makes me happy.

pps. Here's the actual "rule" http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#12

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

The second part of this rule is incorrect, and only illustrates poor priorities. I wish they'd remove that.
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have 2. I have a beat up Giant OCR2 road bike and a newer trek 3700 mountain bike.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

The second part of this rule is incorrect, and only illustrates poor priorities. I wish they'd remove that.

Indeed! Rule #11
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Lol, great point. Unfortunataly, I don't make the rules, I just enfoce them.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Me: Just 2 and I need to get rid of one.

Husband: 4. Race mountain bike, longer travel FS mountain bike, Cyclocross commuter bike, broken cyclocross commuter bike (that needs to go in the recycle bin).

So we have 6 adult bikes in our garage. And 5 kids' bikes (and only 3 kids). Plus a bike kid trailor. And zero cars in there. And it's a 2 car garage. Le sigh.
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh how I do love bikes. I have a few....

I have a Niner Air 9 Mountain Bike that I use for races
    I have a Redline Monocog 29er single speed
    A Salsa Mukluk fat bike

I still have my old Kuwahara BMX bike

Also my son has 2 bikes a BMX bike and a Airborne mountain bike

I have a list of bikes I want to buy. And another dream list of bikes that I will buy when I win the lottery. I really want to get a CX bike but that was before I road a full squish long travel XC bike. That might be the next purchase. Better start saving my pennies.