Home from the Run or Dye color run!

Options
Skye_NS
Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
The color run was a lot of fun. I guess it was one of the biggest in Canada - 7000 people!!!

Little man loved the dye packets - he went through all but one before we even left the starting gate. Unfortunately, the course was muddy & very slippery with some extremely steep hills; so we ran when we could and walked when we had to. I got to cross the finish line with my son running beside me (hubby went ahead to take a photo). What a blast!

Replies

• ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an awesome time! Glad you all had fun. :D

I started C25K last night because I found out about a color run in my area next year and I want to do it SO bad.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I bet it felt great to finish.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congrats! great job! Sounds fun and I loved that the whole family was involved.:flowerforyou:
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to convince my husband that color run's aren't just for girls. Maybe your post will help to sway him.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone! For those considering doing one - go for it! I found ours was a little pricey but we enjoyed our day so much we all agree that we would gladly do another one. The only point I would stress is, it's not a race. It isn't timed. Many people slow down and cheer, dance & play at the color stations.

Addiec1, it's definitely not just for girls! Ours was full of couples, families, and groups of men & women from all fitness levels.