What trail are you running this weekend?

Options
I just did a local river trail, flat but beautiful!

Replies

• KurtK1970
    KurtK1970 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is where I usually do my running:

http://www.woodlanddunes.org/hiking-nature-trails.php

So nice, with a wide range of terrain to run through...fields, boardwalks, woods, etc. And I rarely run into anyone else there, which is always a plus.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I don't run on the weekends, but I run 3 weeknights after work. I live in Houston and run at Memorial Park, the major large park in the city. Until March of this year, I had no idea they had these trails. They're multi-use trails, but known for mountain biking. Loads of fun.

Here's some YouTube videos showing some of the trail system there.

The "easy" section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5kcueWujw

This is of a mountain bike run on my favorite "green" trail there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK9tqNha2ok
  • St_Paul
    St_Paul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The local portion of the Ice Age trail while pushing my youngest in a stoller! Amazing Wisconsin Autumn day yesterday: prairie grasses 100 shades of brown, clear pale blue sky, oaks still deep green, 65 degrees. We don't get too many perfect days up here but I'll remember this one all the more for getting out in it!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    The local portion of the Ice Age trail while pushing my youngest in a stoller! Amazing Wisconsin Autumn day yesterday: prairie grasses 100 shades of brown, clear pale blue sky, oaks still deep green, 65 degrees. We don't get too many perfect days up here but I'll remember this one all the more for getting out in it!

That sounds like a great day to trail run! I'm still waiting for it to cool off in Texas. I mean, I'm glad we've finally dropped into the 80's.:bigsmile:
  • St_Paul
    St_Paul Posts: 32 Member
    Options

That sounds like a great day to trail run! I'm still waiting for it to cool off in Texas. I mean, I'm glad we've finally dropped into the 80's.:bigsmile:

I don't know how you people do anything down there in that heat! That's amazing. I think of it kind of like I think of running in our winter...though at least I can still get out and snow shoe then. :)
  • brandiuntz
    Options

I don't know how you people do anything down there in that heat! That's amazing. I think of it kind of like I think of running in our winter...though at least I can still get out and snow shoe then. :)

One does adjust. I was surprised how well I was able to run. Mind you, I ran in the evening. Running in the middle of the day is not wise, but very early morning, or later evening, and plenty of water, is fine.

I used to live in Chicago. Can't imagine trying to handle a winter up there, though I know I did just fine when I lived there. Funny how we always adjust.:smile:
  • linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    Hope everybody got some great trail runs in this weekend :) I did a fun trail 5k this morning, my first
    sub 30:00 finish! so happy!!:laugh: :laugh: I live in the Chgo. Burbs, you get used to cold weather running.
    It's really hard for me to run in heat! Worried about my Half in FL Feb. 1
  • linddavis
    Options
    Home from a 5 mile Fall run... just beautiful! Signing up for a Pumpkin 10k Trail Race , how about you?
    Doing any Trail races this Fall?
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm feeling very guilty for not having got out this weekend, but unfortunately I work Saturdays and today I played rugby.
    You guys sound like you have some great places to run :)
    Hopefully I'll be back out tomorrow or Tuesday depending on how sore my legs are lol my fave run is through the old oak woodland, the beech plantations, across the fields and following the brook down the valley at Linacre. Its nice old english countryside thats had 3 reservoirs built upon it. Following muddy tracks, grass field margins and limestone paths, up, down and around. Its magic and lifts the soul.
    Sorry for the ramble folks x
  • linddavis
    Options
    Sounds beautiful Emblu! Have to figure out how we can share pictures ...
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Rain, rain, and more rain. We are getting a lot of rain in this area and the black dirt we have in North Texas makes the trails unusable when wet. :(
  • emblu
    Options
    Ohhh how I know how you feel, sorry I'm a Brit its all we get lol
  • linddavis
    Options
    wow, TX did get the rain! Hope you are drying out. Off to do my hills Trail.... ugh.
    I mean... YAY!!! haha
  • linddavis
    Options
    Home from a 4 miler in the fog and cool weather, awesome! Do you listen to music on the Trail? I do when I am by myself, probably a no no, but love it so much...
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Home from a 4 miler in the fog and cool weather, awesome! Do you listen to music on the Trail? I do when I am by myself, probably a no no, but love it so much...

I run with music. One headphone in ear, the other ear free. I keep the volume low, too. I've run without, and the sounds of nature are nice, but I like a bit of background noise at times (plus my running app talks to me on occasion). There's only so much squirrels/rabbits scrambling through bushes can do to entertain me.:laugh:

I do have to stay aware because there are mountain bikers on these trails and everyone calls out to alert others to avoid crashes.
  • emblu
    Options
    a lil jolly along the canal this morning:smile: just recovering from a cold and the sprained ankle from rugby training 4wks back, so a nice easy, flat ish run for me hoorah
    This was my 1st run without a ankle support on and all was well, just a tad swollen afterwards.
    Have to say I'm loving the winter mud and all the debris the storm has brought down makes for an interesting time lol
    Hope you all are having a great weekend x