Help with macros

Options
Hey Sara & SS, I''m looking for some general advice as I try to lose a significant amount of weight (about 60-75 lbs). I've read the "setting your macros" thread but I'm hypothyroid and have PCOS, so I was wondering if there are different calorie and macro goals I should try to hit.

I don't believe I need to fill out your specific intake analysis form, but some general stats: age 25, 216.4 lbs, 5'1.75" and 42% BF (according to Omron handheld body fat monitor).

Thanks!

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How much accurate logging history do you have?
  • livcurious
    livcurious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public. I started logging 7/7 but wasn't very accurate or consistent until 9/3 (although there are still some spotty days). This week isn't a great example as I went crazy with donuts during TOM. What I try to eat is more like 9/25.
  • livcurious
    Options
    Oh, and I tried calculating my macros Thursday and adjusting the settings, so up until then they were defaulted to MFP numbers (55% carbs, 15% protein, 35% fat). When I realized the protein was set so low that's when I got concerned and started messing with the settings.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • livcurious
    Options
    Hi, have you had a chance to review? Small update, now 213 lbs and 41.2% BF.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Crap...sorry, this fell through the cracks. We will get back to you asap.
  • livcurious
    Options
    *72 hour bump*
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Hello Olivia,

Is it safe to assume that the days in your diary that show up with ~400 calories are simply incomplete days in that they are not fully logged?
  • livcurious
    Options
    Yes, I typically log when I'm at work so I occasionally forget to go back and fill in dinner (or more) for the previous day. Weekdays are pretty similar as to what dinner involves, there's more variation on weekends.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Based on your current intake averages and given that you have PCOS I would suggest you give this a shot for the following week, and report back with energy levels, change in weight, overall satiety/etc.

Calories: 1500
    Carbohydrate: 100
    Fats: 60g
    Protein: 130g
  • livcurious
    Options
    Thanks, will do!
This discussion has been closed.