New here

Options
heniko
heniko Posts: 796 Member
Hey all, I'm new to the group and Chris Powell's plan/carb cycling.

I'm a 33 year old mother of 4. I started my original journey towards health back in 2011/12. Through a low carb lifestyle (model Atkins) I lost 50lbs in about 7 months. I was well on my way ... until I found out I was pregnant and also had a fibroid growing along with the baby. I was immediately put on bed rest and pumped full of meds. I gained half the weight back I lost, which was devastating to me and my health. After having the baby, I found through breastfeeding I was losing weight steadily. My daughter is now 1yr old and not needing that much milk, I'm seeing the difference in my hunger, weight and body. I've gotten the OK from my doctor so I think it's about time to get back on the wagon.

I was watching TV one day and I saw Chris Powell's work - very impressive indeed! I lost weight before with low carb (even though it was very hard for me to sustain eating lot of proteins) I have the book and read through it last night. But probably need to reread it. I'm determined to make it this time. I'm 5'6 woman with current weight of 233lbs (down from my original starting weight of 280lbs) My goal is 165lbs.

I have some questions ... maybe some of you can help me with?

-I've read many places that carb cycling is an advanced frorm of dieting mainly done by bodybuilders only. And isn't suggested for overweight or obese people? True?

-Chris Powell talks about attainable goals ... How do I know which goals are attainable? On the show, the people have about 100lb more weight then me - and I know more overweight you are, more wieght you can lose. Is losing 72lbs in a year attainable for me? Is losing 8-10lbs monthly attainable? How to set up my goals?

- Which plan is best for a person, like me overweight, out of shape, insulin resistence, high blood pressure and almost sedentry lifestyle as I work from home.

- I understand the whole calorie cycling thing, but how do I know the carb cycling? What are the grams? macros amounts? Do I need to worry about them?

- On other carb cycling sites, mainly for body building they have low carb, med carb and high carb days? Do any of you do this? Or only LC and HC? How do I figure out my low and high days?

- Do my 5 meals have to be about the same amount in calories? Working it out for me, average about 260cal per meal OR can I have lesser cal meals (later in the day) then bigger calories let's say for breakfast and lunch?

- Reading about the shedders and things. I def need reread this part, but question how much excerise do we need, or calories burned per day on the plan? i work from home + have my 4kids to care for, I don't think I can commit to working out for 4hrs a day like they do on the show? I have an ellipitical trainer, I walk and I'm thinking to start Zumba.

Thank you everyone!