Starting stage one new rules now

Options
rocky503
rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
Hello
I have been a silent member of this group for a few months. I have the book (the new rules for life edition) I am starting the first of the three stages now.

So I am looking for a few like minded people to join up with. I am generally fit and have lifted before so I am not a complete newbie to weight training. I am at a point where I want to focus more on weight training than I have in the past. I got to my goal weight during the summer and then experienced a little creep back of four pounds. So my goals now are to get back to goal weight and build some muscle. I am pretty strong but have my weak areas. I did the first workout at home yesterday and find the push category is my weakest area, so I will be forcusing on that some and buildling some shoulder muscle as I don't like to look bony. I am starting out at home with equipment I have but I will have to move on pretty soon as I don't have the full complement of weights here. I was a member of a cheap gym but gave it up becasue I couldn't stand the place and they did not have a squat rack. So I am still figuring that out now.

My first work out went great. I am just the right amount of sore today, thighs and core. I've decided to be in charge of my own training vs classes or a trainer as at this point I feel I know enough and if I own it more I can control it and make it happen.

So if there is already a group started I can hop in to let me know or I am up for starting a training group now. thanks for looking. :happy:

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I still need to touch up my battle plans, but I'm excited to get started. I can't get that book you reference on kindle so I'm going to go with the exercises that I know. I workout at home with dumbbells and I think I can go plenty heavy for me. If I need to, I'll find alternative ways/exercises to work particular muscles. I've been successful doing that so far, but I've not pushed myself to go heavy enough. So that's what I want to do now, go into beast mode as they say. Good luck on your program!
  • rocky503
    Options
    Great! I'm using the plan in the book to organize my workouts so I can stay focused and not waste time I don't have. Hopfully a few more might join in...

If you are interested in the book kindle edition is available for 7.99...

The New Rules of Lifting For Life: An All-New Muscle-Building, Fat-Blasting Plan for Men and Women Who Want to AceTheir Midlife Exams [Kindle Edition]
  • rocky503
    Options
    Today I am doing some research and gym shopping in my area. I've come up with gyms to check out where I can pump some iron...Later this week I will going on some tours. Let ya know what I find.
  • rocky503
    Options
    So how it going with getting your plan off the ground? I'm trying to choose a gym still, so I feel a little blocked in getting started.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just started! Just finished my second day.
  • rocky503
    Options
    Great Kristie, feels great to get it done I'm sure. My time got away from me while thinking about gyms so I am ready for my workouts this week now.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting today. Good luck with your goals :)
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    I've just started too (doing my third workout from NROL4W today)! I just do the workouts at home using my husband's weights. I'm pretty new to weightlifting - I have been a runner for about 5 years, and did very little strength or cross training. After getting injured in June (and slowly recovering since then) I've recognized the need for some strength to prevent future injuries, so decided to start lifting. Hoping to continue with running still, but likely shorter distances than I've done previously - especially right now, as I can only jog 5K before my IT band starts to hurt again!

Anyway, feel free to add me or maybe we can start a little training group? :)
  • rocky503
    Options
    Hello everyone. I can relate to tight IT bands. Have you tried a roller yet? It hurts when being used but really helps a lot. I don't run much due to foot surgery, so mostly for fitness, intervals, up to three miles. I like to do a 5K event once in a while but I am focusing on more weight training and range of motion now. I've two stage one workouts, so one week of stage one equivalent.