Week 12 of Reset! No cut for me - Coming out from hiding!

Options
I have been battling this whole 3 months - Not gonna lie. I am up 25lbs and freaking out. 1 thing that has been rough is that I have been worried about posting publicly on the Eat More 2 Weigh Less Facebook because it is not set to private - meaning all my FB friends can see (several old boyfriends and school mates there.....who never saw me fat). I have been driving poor Lucia nuts this weekend I am sure in private messages feeling like I wanna cut......the gains are still coming and I am FREAKING out about it. I realized 8 weeks into my reset that I had been eating at 400 less then my true TDEE. We discussed it and I brought my cals up to the 2800 I should have and the weight started coming on. And fast. I decided to take my re-set to 16 weeks. I have been eating pretty much 2400-2800 cals since the start. I was Low Carb, so I just had to adjust my macros rather then build to the TDEE. I was stable at 2400 unless I ate under when out of town. I was going to cut today....I am so uncomfortable in my skin and looking at myself has me in tears. Instead. I decided I am gonna stick it out . 4 more weeks at 2800 cals and I decided I am coming out of hiding in my facebook. Putting it all on the line. This is what I wrote.

SassiesBritches - Facebook Post

WARNING! VERY LONG READ:
In an effort to reach a broader range of people / friends I have decided to post about my weight loss journey "publicly" rather then in private rooms. The reason? I have had alot of friends ask why I am gaining weight, look at me funny when they see me enjoying the same foods they do, etc. The same basic thoughts most have about fat people. #1 toss your ideas of why people get fat. I generally would not consume more then 1700 cals in a day....and it was not from eating pizza and cheeseburgers. #2 diet alone does not always mean you will lose weight #3 exercise alone does not mean you will lose weight #4 people do not want to hear how you think they should lose weight.
Now that all being said. I was not a fat kid/young woman - it was when I started working full time going to school full time that I became sedentary. Wholla the weight started coming. I can be an emotional eater at times. That does not help. I have been battling it since 2008, with Low cal (1200), Low Carb (20 carbs) Phentermine, Hydroxycut, It Works, Hypnosis, Low Carb/High Fat, HCG, Exercise, Cleanse, Cabbage Soup, portion control, etc. All worked, some more then others. And as soon as I stopped a stressful and strict "PLAN" the weight came back..I have been tested for the usual with negative results....and luckily Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol have all stayed away. FOR NOW. The last 2 plans that I have done worked, but again maintaining has been the issue. If I wanted to eat out with friends and have a couple drinks I would be forced to eat "clean" (meaning starve or eat apples all day) for a week, making life about food, not about the things important. I did lose weight. The last time that I tried to lose weight, was after 1 year and several rounds of the HCG protocol, which works. You take a homeopathic drop, place under your tongue, follow & adhere to a strict 500-800 cal diet for 40 days, with followup protocol. It was hard to maintain for myself and many others and lets just say, what you "think" you know about HCG is not true. And unless you have done it yourself, chiming in on it is useless. It works to help lose weight and fast. BUT there are side effects AND it does not work for everyone. I decided that I like how I felt eating Low Carb, so I returned to the Atkins diet that had worked a bit years ago. For 8 months I followed the plan, with very little cheats or falls. I lost 0 pounds. ZERO. I also did not gain. It hit me. The YoYo string is all tangled and my metabolism is SHOT. Voicing my frustration to anyone that would listen I found a plan, through a friend battling along side me with her weight. Something I read up on and like all the others above "made sense" - except this time it did make sense. Eat More 2 Weigh Less. Yup, just like I said....eat more food, move your body, lift weights , reset the metabolism and lose weight. So I started. I have been eating 2400-2800 calories (what I use to breathe and move the way I want), for 12 weeks today. I have gained 25lbs (expected during re-set)putting me back to my heaviest ever weight. I have learned Gluten/carbs/processed foods make me SICK and I have been trying to keep splurging at a minimum. But I eat....every 1-2 hours. And I lift weights and do alot of basic strength training (situps/lunges/squats/pushups/arm weight work) all in an effort to build muscle, re-set my metabolism and get some weight off. I have adjusted my foods to less "white"(sugar, flour,rice) choices, more whole foods - no gmo's, organic, etc. I am juicing 1-2 times a day to get much needed nutrients from veggies I would NEVER eat, and I do protein drinks with fruit to get my 5 servings a day in. And then I eat. Whatever I want. And I move, everyday even if for just 10 mins.
So. I felt like I wanted to put this out there, because I am not comfortable in the body I am healing in today. I see some AWESOME muscles forming in my biceps and chest, my already muscular legs are getting stronger, but I am big and uncomfortable at every turn. I have to stay at this until I am not longer gaining the weight ornotice the "break free of mass". Giving my body the understanding that I am NOT going to starve it again. Once it understands that, I should expect a drop in weight with little food reduction. So there it is. If you see me out there in life - and you are thinking what I think you are....don't. All is not what it seems. I know the weight will be here a long time - but I am believing the old saying "Slow and steady wins the race". That's it.....:) Sorry for the long read :) IF anyone is interested in how to start Eat More 2 Weigh Less, let me know.

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are totally inspirational to be doing what you are. It will benefit you in the long run by nourishing your body with what it needs. I'm not going to get technical because I have never been brave enough to do a full reset although I can eat quite a bit for a smallish/medium human...lol. You are damn awesome!!

I agree about the private setting on FB which is why I don't really use it like others I like to get updates from my pages I like though. Some stuff I see people put on is such bs, everything is all roses when actually one partner is seeing someone else....guess it makes them feel better:( guess one way around it is set up another fb user with no pic and use that to post? But I guess having them public is how the word spreads. I have one support group that isn't so I feel fine posting to people in the same situation but wouldn't want others knowing about.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am part of a couple Eat the Food groups, but they are nothing like the EM2WL moderators or people. And the concepts do differ somewhat. I can still get the daily / hourly support I need, Its hard to be in the midst of a breakdown and have to weight 24-48 hours for a response on the forum :(
    You are totally inspirational to be doing what you are. It will benefit you in the long run by nourishing your body with what it needs. I'm not going to get technical because I have never been brave enough to do a full reset although I can eat quite a bit for a smallish/medium human...lol. You are damn awesome!!

I agree about the private setting on FB which is why I don't really use it like others I like to get updates from my pages I like though. Some stuff I see people put on is such bs, everything is all roses when actually one partner is seeing someone else....guess it makes them feel better:( guess one way around it is set up another fb user with no pic and use that to post? But I guess having them public is how the word spreads. I have one support group that isn't so I feel fine posting to people in the same situation but wouldn't want others knowing about.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    UPDATE - After some thoughtful correspondence with Lucia - I was correct in the feeling that my TDEE the last 4 weeks has been too high. I began gaining and now I think...I am sure I know what happened. I will be cutting today. a small amount this week and so on! :) Thanks Lucia!!!!!!!!!!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Glad to read your update! I THOUGHT you might be too high, from reading your other posts, but I'm a newbie and didn't want to say anything. So glad you got some help from a pro. I'm cutting today, too. Good luck to you! I'm eager to see how you do.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I've never done a reset but I love hearing the progress of others. You are healing, nourishing and strengthening your body. I'm glad you've been able to revise your TDEE, and I hope your cut goes really well!
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It can be frustrating! I am glad that you and Lucia have you on a plan of action! I look forward to hearing that you are stabilizing before you cut again to lose!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I am part of a couple Eat the Food groups, but they are nothing like the EM2WL moderators or people. And the concepts do differ somewhat. I can still get the daily / hourly support I need, Its hard to be in the midst of a breakdown and have to weight 24-48 hours for a response on the forum :(

I lean heavily on my MFP friendships when I'm in the middle of a breakdown. There's no waiting when you PM a friend or post a breakdown status on MFP. I'm glad you have a new plan now! I've been through an 8 week reset and a 6 month reset after a cut that didn't work. I know exactly what you're going through. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Figuring out your numbers is the hardest part. We're here for you if you have questions! :flowerforyou:
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Behind you a thousand percent sassie -- everything you're doing is amazing. And on top of that you're inspiring, articulate, smart and honest. I am watching and supporting you the whole way.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing absolutely great. With Lucia you have the best mentor you can get-she know her stuff and she is a sweat heart.
    I have not seen many people who stuck it out that long despite the gains you had.
    Hopefully the cut will work out well for you too
    Just keep nourishing your body and lift heavy if you can.
    All the best on your journey. Looking forward to hear your updates.