Out of ketosis, may have overdone it...

Options
I made a deal with my doc that I'd only do 4 months of ketosis, and then get out. So, as of last night, I'm regretably out of Ketosis...

I want nothing more than to get back to it. I miss the improved energy, focus, and lack of hunger. But, a deal's a deal.

I'm still going to do low-carb, but doc says a minimum of 90 grams per day for at least a month. But how? The only foods I want to eat are Atkins Induction level stuff that'll have the strip turning purple again within three days...

So, if anyone who's generally around 80-100 grams per day has some menu suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
~George
(EddieHaskell97)

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If you like fruit and sweet potatoes, those would be easy ways to bump up your carbs and are a lot healthier than donuts.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Well, I couldn't take being out, so I got confirmation last night that I'm back into ketosis. Lord, I feel so much better now. :)

Nine more pounds to go, though I might go for 15.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Shhhh...we won't mention it to your doc. hehehe.
  • amyrob56
    Options
    I'm back in too! 1.8 lbs gone in 3 days!!!! Yipeee!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    wow, sure going to miss you in the Keto stages,, I have a book on my shelf its title is "life without bread" (not sure why its called that because bread is allowed),, but the whole premise of the book is living on 100 grams or less per day of carbs, and I personally wish that had I known or practiced the low carb lifestyle before I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic, that eating 100 or less per day would have kept me from ever becoming in the diabeties trap in the first place, now I must say, if you feel better in ketosis, then I would tell your doctor one thing, and do another, My doctors do not know i am in ketosis almost always, my doctors are amazed at my results needless to say, when they ask I tell them, "more out , Less in", and they are happy with my blood work, weight lose and the overall health improvment in my life,, so i ask you, if you feel great, if your healthy, how can it be bad? Atkins fought this all his life fighting the medical establishment to change thier ideas, and I tell you , your still hearing what those doctors are still being taught, that low carb is unhealthly, that it will hurt your kidneys, blah blah blah, So back to Life without bread, try and find a copy it may help you with this new place you wish to be, here it is on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Life-Without-Bread-Low-Carbohydrate-Diet/dp/0658001701
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am back on the low carb lifestyle after being gone for a year. Yes, I gained back the weight I had lost and it's a struggle but hopefully this time it will stick. No more excuses! Everyone says ketosis is not good for me, but to be honest, it makes me feel great! I do miss the breads, potatoes and old ways of eating but that's what made me feel horrible. I am a true carb addict so ketosis not only makes me feel better, it holds me accountable!! I know that as long as that stick runs pink to purple, I am doing the right thing. I have tried going 100 carbs or less but I cannot control myself. One piece of bread or a small potato turns into 2 and then a piece of cookie and well... you know!

I have to be disciplined, i have no choice! I just can't seem to get of the thought, Do it right or not at all. The longest I have gone is 3 months, if I can get past that point, I think I just might succeed this time!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What is this day 5 of ketossis again, its such a blurr, the past 9 months, but look its a pattern mostly on kesosis, sometimes off, 90 percent on, it looks like this time will be the last time i diet, why you may ask, because this is how i have to eat for the rest of my life, when you find it within yourself to realize your "diet" is how your supposed to eat, then you will finally make it to thin, and stay thin, SO,, with that said which "diet" would you rather be on, the one where you you crave and count daily, or the one where you EAT like a crazy on food that makes you feel great!
  • amyrob56
    Options
    Back in keto again....can I stick it through Thanksgiving? Let's try!!!!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I made a deal with my doc that I'd only do 4 months of ketosis, and then get out. So, as of last night, I'm regretably out of Ketosis...

I want nothing more than to get back to it. I miss the improved energy, focus, and lack of hunger. But, a deal's a deal.

I'm still going to do low-carb, but doc says a minimum of 90 grams per day for at least a month. But how? The only foods I want to eat are Atkins Induction level stuff that'll have the strip turning purple again within three days...

So, if anyone who's generally around 80-100 grams per day has some menu suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
    ~George
    (EddieHaskell97)

why did you doctor say to get out of ketosis? it is perfectly safe to be in it.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I was wondering too, why does the doc not want you in ketosis?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    He didn't want me in at Induction levels is all. Over time he began to call Induction "ketosis" even though he absolutely knows the difference. But, since I'm heavy into weight lifting now, being in a catabolic state like ketosis doesn't help. I still am low carb, but not quite low enough to be in ketosis. I try to keep my carbs between 100 - 130 grams / day, instead of under 50. I am not eating junk food to get them, either.
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm within 4 lbs of goal and decided to let myself have a few more carbs (had been 30-40). Well my weightless has plateaued and I haven't upped my calorie intake so ..... As much as I love carbs, it's back to 30-40 for me, then when I'm at maintenance, I'll just raise it to only 40-60 (I just tried 70-90 and it obviously doesn't work for me)