30 Day Shred challenge!

Options
Maqui04
Maqui04 Posts: 45 Member
Hi everyone!

So im doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels im in Level 2 day 2 and i feel so awesome and lost inches! I was wondering if anyone would like to join me?(you wont regret).

I want you to be part of these and do the challenge with me(if you want) it doesnt matter that im in Level 2 you can start now. The 30 day shred to all of you who dont know what im talking about is an amazing workout and it was create by Jillian Michaels the awesome trainer of The Biggest Loser!!! The 30 Day Shred is a 20-minute workout that combines cardio with strength training and moves through three different levels of difficulty, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, you can do each Level in 10 days or you can pass level when you feel ready! Also they say if you want better results you can do it twice a day (but you dont need to). You can use a set of weights i recommend 3 pounds because they use 5 pounds and they are experts but if you want you can use anything i was using 8 lbs and i cant finish some workouts it was so hard so i bought 3lbs and is great! but you dont have weights you can use can or bottles ANYTHING!

We can put our measurements to compare our progress on day 1 and day 30. So what you say? In?

Replies

• Runningcircuits
    Options
    Just started day 1 yesterday with sweettart and my arms hurt like hell today! I'll take measurements tonight for a starting point.

-jen
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just did day one and it was great! I've decided this is my October challenge.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Thats awesome! Iknow it hurts but in 2 days your gonna be fine!!! And in a month we are going to be in shape! Please write like a journey here everyday if you can i want people read us and see that is possible!
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Great! Congrats what another challenge did you do? Remember take your measureaments!
  • erock115
    erock115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in for this challenge. I have done the shred before and lost 7 lbs. Hope this time goes well too.
    I did level 1- day 1 today.
    Cw 147 (5'4")
    Waist 31"
    Hips 39"
    Thigh 25" each
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do Cardio Step M, W, and bootcamp T, Th. I'm thinking of signing up for Zoomba on Saturdays but I'm afraid I'll die :noway:
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Excellent!!!! Keep doing it and soon you will see the results! People we just need to put energy on it!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I started the 30ds a couple weeks ago. By the time I got to day 4 my knees were really sore. When I got to day 5 they were killing me and I had to modify some of the high impact moves. I thought maybe I just had to push through the pain and my knees would get stronger, but when I got to level 2 I couldn't hardly move from sitting or go up or down my stairs. My husband was so mad at me because he kept telling me to stop but I didn't want to give up. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I cannot finish it. I was going to wait it out and try again, but it has been a few days and I can still hardly do the stairs. I think I might have to give up, which is really hard for me to do.

I loved the work out though. If you don't have bad knees you will probably love it too!
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Awww thats bad why dont you go to the doctor? We need to be very carefull with exercise and i read a lot of review of people telling that if they have problem with their knees not to do them. I do love im on day 3 level 2 and i think level 1 was more difficult but this is hard too!.
  • Care76
    Options
    I know, I plan on going soon since it isn't getting any better. It's actually worse.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    I totally understand and dont wait more time and go because your health is first!
  • sashagaye82
    Options
    I have that workout, but I have been doing hip hop abs, but ill go back to it
  • Maqui04
    Options
    You wont regret, believe me!!!!!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    I agree with the knee thing. I run almost every day and it is no problem at all for my knees, but those lunges are a little painful. Not bad enough that the modification doesn't make it OK, but it is odd that I can run but not lunge!
  • Care76
    Options
    I totally understand and dont wait more time and go because your health is first!
    I am going next week. First I had to wait because of the doctor being away then they couldn't fit me in. I am hoping they will be fine by then though.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    And you run a lot? I want to start running like 4 miles but i dont know you burn a lot of calories?

Care76 hope you knees be good by them im sure your doctor would tell you maybe what exercise to do!

Im in mi 5 day of the Level 2 and today also did the kickboxing of Jillian and is so freaking you can feel how you burn all of that calories!!!
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Hey guys! Are you doing the 30 Shred?
  • Nana_nyc
    Nana_nyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined the group and I am def down for the challenge! I start tomorrow will post my measurements up ASAP. Feel free to add me so we can support each other on this journey.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Hi!! Im in day 6 in Level 2 and i feel great. Everytime you need someone here we are:)
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was doing it with a friend and she got hurt. Not from the Shred. She got a bruised rib by accident and so it's too painful for her to workout right now (she's walking though) but she's projecting she'll be better by next Monday, so I've decided to restart the shred then so we can do it together. And the truth is, I'm recovering from being ill, so doing the Shred last week was overdoing it a bit for me. I had dengue fever, which is pretty intense, and while I'm out the fever phase of it, it still effects your energy for up to three weeks afterwards, and by next week that window will be over.

I was getting good results with the workouts I did, and I only did it a couple days. So I'm eager to see what results the 30 days will bring on my body.