Oct chat

2»

Replies

• marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    October is too close to Winter, the season for gaining weight.:sad: Today I have committed to begin tracking my calories
    again. I can't allow myself to gain back the weight I have lost.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 632 Member
    Wooken...I remember swimming outside at midnight in Phoenix..... hot summer nights!

Here in the north of England the temperature is around 50 f at the moment........ it will get colder than that ... but wrapped up warmly I do enjoy it....... I find the change of seasons brings me alot of pleasure ..... :smile:

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    I agree with lintino completely, what a beautiful world we live in. The colors here in Northern Illinois are just starting to change and the temps have dropped into the 60s during the day. I'm not a fan of the season change because I manage to get a cold every time. It's all part of life, right!?
  • jeanmrob
    Won't be around for a few days...trotting off to Switzerland and Lichtenstein for the weekend! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    Oh my gosh Jean, have a wonderful time and be safe. We want to hear all about it upon your return!
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Just remember the good times with your Dad....lost my Mom and Dad both Feb. 3 years ago and always the memory of visiting in the last days etc. are there. HAVE A GREAT OCTOBER and good luck with the journey.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    And Phx is to have clear skies for a perfect viewing

Hunters Moon tonight - Friday, October 18th

http://www.weather.com/news/science/hunters-moon-2013-what-you-need-know-20131016
  • jeanmrob
    Have had a lovely few days in Veduz, Lucerne and Zurich enjoying all that Switzerland has to offer.....pastries, cake, ice cream, sausage, creamy pasta, wine, beer, chocolate ... we fly home tomorrow so will have to reset my goals and stuff on Wednesday....... have had a wonderful time - and looking forward to getting back to it! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    We had a beautiful day here, though a little chilly. Took a ride to see the color changing just starting. It was wonderful!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,760 Member
    Won't be around for a few days...trotting off to Switzerland and Lichtenstein for the weekend! :bigsmile:

Jean

How as your trip?

Mine to New Orleans and the surrounding area was great fun and the eating was good. I managed to walk enough to not gain anything, and New Orleans is a foodie's paradise. Ate at http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-delmonico I had the
    Jerk spiced lamb loin with braised collard greens, old New Orleans rum glazed yams, preserved watermelon, pecans, mango pickapeppa. Hubby had dry aged moulard duck breast sweet corn maque choux, brussels sprouts, roasted poblano and cheddar grits, tasso jam. I had a small bite of each of his items and vice versa. Both were really good.

And John Besh's http://domenicarestaurant.com/restaurants.html Spicy Lamb Meatball with tomato, ricotta, rapini & mint was the BEST ever, luckily they use a very very thin crust for the pizzas.

Other meals were primarily grilled fish or shell fish at assorted spots. The best was in a small village Bayou le Batre AL, a strip mall cafe called the Preacher's Cafe. The crab cakes were made by the cousin of the cook, and the shrimp in the sauce were caught that morning by the same person, along with the crabs for the crab cakes, the catch determined the special that day. We lucked out the dish would have been about $40 in New Orleans, but we paid $10 and it included the best turnip greens I have eaten in decades. We split one entree for each meal except for the ones at Delmonicos. So portions were small another reason I didn't gain anything.

Drooling on the keyboard so will stop now. :laugh: :laugh:
  • jeanmrob
    Our trip was fabulous...... what a beautiful country is Switzerland...so beautiful! I didn't get chance to run but had a nice hour long walk in the sunshine and lots of browsing round Lucerne and Zurich. Wherever we go, food is always a huge part of the enjoyment so I decided to just eat what I wanted...it was only 4 days after all....I put on a few pounds as I overdid the carbs I think so have reset my weight and goal thing...and...treated myself to a new set of bathroom scales..they are Lagoon Blue...but still weigh me the same...lol

Today I did a 5 k run before roasting a sweet potato with tomatoes, onion and herbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese...it was so easy to do and was delicious...... very healthy and low in calories. I will be having it again!

:bigsmile:

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    After a worrisome morning, the mail brought a Jack In The Box discount flyer. Since I haven't been to one for well over a year, and am now on maintenance, decided I would treat myself. I biked over and order a BLT burger and pumpkin pie shake at half price. And they were both so good :drinker: However the burger & shake came to 1,457 calories!! :noway:

So once again I was reminded of how easy it is to pack on extra weight. Makes me think of Mad Eye Moody bellowing his mantra of "Constant Vigilance!" Maybe I should buy the t-shirt :)

constant-vigilance-t-shirt-custom-color-351.png
  • retirehappy
    After a worrisome morning, the mail brought a Jack In The Box discount flyer. Since I haven't been to one for well over a year, and am now on maintenance, decided I would treat myself. I biked over and order a BLT burger and pumpkin pie shake at half price. And they were both so good :drinker: However the burger & shake came to 1,457 calories!! :noway:

So once again I was reminded of how easy it is to pack on extra weight. Makes me think of Mad Eye Moody bellowing his mantra of "Constant Vigilance!" Maybe I should buy the t-shirt :)

constant-vigilance-t-shirt-custom-color-351.png

I need that tee shirt :bigsmile:

Hope the bike ride over was a long one to burn some of those cals. I get all kinds of coupons in the snail mail and my email as well. I have set my priorities and only use the ones that get me what I want and need to feel good about my diet. There is a Sweet Tomatoes place near me. If I stick to the salad bar and iced tea, it is a treat and does no harm.
  • retirehappy
    Our trip was fabulous...... what a beautiful country is Switzerland...so beautiful! I didn't get chance to run but had a nice hour long walk in the sunshine and lots of browsing round Lucerne and Zurich. Wherever we go, food is always a huge part of the enjoyment so I decided to just eat what I wanted...it was only 4 days after all....I put on a few pounds as I overdid the carbs I think so have reset my weight and goal thing...and...treated myself to a new set of bathroom scales..they are Lagoon Blue...but still weigh me the same...lol

Today I did a 5 k run before roasting a sweet potato with tomatoes, onion and herbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese...it was so easy to do and was delicious...... very healthy and low in calories. I will be having it again!

:bigsmile:

Jean

Sounds like a lovely trip.

I like the sound of that sweet potato, I love those and rarely have white ones any more. I'll have to try your method.