Treadmills

Options
AquabearGO
AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
Im currently 398 and am starting a running program soon. I plan on running as much as possible outside, but with winter coming there will be days when I have to use a treadmill to keep on track. QUESTION, anyone know if there is a weight limit on treadmills?
I dont want to run on the stupid thing and have it break. Thanks

Replies

• jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Is it a treadmill you have at home or at the gym? Ours is several years old, but we had to verify weight limits back when we got it. Most gyms with newer treadmills have the higher limits, but if you're not sure and it concerns you I would recommend asking a member of the staff.

I just gotta say.... More power to ya for running!
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good job on starting the running program.

If i use the treadmill at the gym (I am currently 400) the belt can slip a little.

so i either use the cross trainers or staionary bikes. I find it alos helps as no impact on feet and knees.

But you keep up the good work
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on starting a running program! I would check with your gym if you are unsure. I heard recently that anti gravity treadmills are good for people starting a running program so maybe you can see if any gym in your area has them
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I don't use them. I hate them personally. The ones I have seen at my gym though say 350 lbs capacity. I think they make them higher too.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a landice 7 treadmill at home and it goes to 400# I think most of the gyms can go to 400# too!