Newbie Thanking You for This Group

FP4HSharon
FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
Just found this group by accident on a thread & very happy to be a part of it. I'm 53, have always been very active, & ate whatever I wanted...until my 2nd child (now 22), when my metabolism change combined w/continued eating whatever I wanted (not healthy & lots of fried food...hey my mom is from the south) saw my weight creep up to 154 lbs/28% body fat (I'm 5'4"). But joined a First Place 4 Health Group (sort of like Christian Weight Watchers) in '06, lost 35 lbs, let about 10 lbs creep back on, joined MFP after a lady in the First Place group recommended it, & just hit a maintenance level again. But I'm trying to continue to be faithful w/my diet & workouts to get my body fat % to an even healthier level. I like to workout on my own at home, treadmill, stationary bike, weights, & martial arts. When it comes to my diet & exercise...when I'm good I'm very, very good, & when I'm bad, I'm horrid. ;-) So hoping this good streak will be one I'll maintain & not back track.

One thing that helps me a lot is I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor this year ( www.essentialtremor.org ) , and I've found when I eat healthy, get enough sleep, & exercise, that it tends to minimize my symptoms. Since it's a degenerative condition (think Katherine Hepburn as a worst case, but in some people can stay minimal), it's a good incentive for me to stay on track. I'm also the admin of an Essential Tremor MFP group if anyone is interested, it's a LOT more common than people realize.

The thing I like most about the posts I see in this group is that the members don't seem like whiners, but lots of strong positive women. Just because we're over 50 doesn't mean we can't still be strong. Thanks so much to the admin for starting the group, & to all the encouraging comments I've already seen in the group. Women Over 50 Rule! ;-)

Replies

• Caribou2u
    Caribou2u Posts: 31 Member
    Hi Sharon, Welcome! This group is very friendly, chatty and supportive. :flowerforyou: