OCTOBER 1: Start Strong

Options
Hello fellow MFP users!! This is now my 3rd month as a group moderator and I sincerely hope that you all are doing well in your weight loss journeys and have found our group discussions to be helpful! Feel free to share ideas, weight loss tips, exercise routines, recipes, and more. They say it takes a village to raise a child, I think it takes a village to keep us accountable. So please, join in and feel free to post your own topics. This is a group for all of us, not just me!

In the past our groups have had 30-50 members which is terrific, but after that first week or two no one comments, I'm not even sure anyone reads the topics. I ask that you participate as much as you can, I understand work and life get in the way, but lets make this enjoyable for all involved and get out as much as possible.

Last month I did the ab and squat challenge as well as working out 5 days a week. I lost 8.8lbs and 12 inches off various parts of my body. This month I will be participating in a wall sit and a push-up challenge. I urge you to google image search these challenges. Try something new, stick with it, and you WILL see results. Happy Tuesday!!

**Valerie**

Replies

• fitbye45
    Options
    Good Morning - day 2.
    Congratulations Valerie91711 on your weight loss success that is wonderful and inspiring.
    I am very busy however will try to post more.
    I did not have a good month a great week would often turn into a terrible weekend as food is concerned.
    I am concentrating on self-care this month and hopefully that will translate into something good for me come October 31.
    Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,444 Member
    Options
    Last month I did the ab and squat challenge as well as working out 5 days a week. I lost 8.8lbs and 12 inches off various parts of my body. This month I will be participating in a wall sit and a push-up challenge. I urge you to google image search these challenges. Try something new, stick with it, and you WILL see results. Happy Tuesday!!

**Valerie**

Yay YOU!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Last month was a lot of "getting prep done" like making my "wreck-room" a usable "rec-room" and finding / printing recipes etc. By the end of this month, I hope to have some actual results to post.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Day 2 and I am working myself harder for both of them than I have in over a year :smooched: me! Elliptical (including arms the whole time :bigsmile: ) plus some start=out body-weight circuit exercises. as the month moves along, the elliptical time will either get harder or longer-and-harder plus more sets in the circuits.

At least, that's the plan.:wink::laugh:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    NSV - I logged my food today - This is a NSV because it has been a long time since I logged eating - and I mean even partially :blushing:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I picked The Dress I want to be able to wear again by next end-of-April.

It is a wrap-around, and I am not yet committing to print exactly how many inches wide the gap between the edge of the cross-over piece and the anchor point. Let's just say it is .... way more than 1. :grumble: When I bought it LAST March, it did up and was only slightly snug. So between now and next April is all about recovering lost ground. :blushing: