I'm new. Looking 4 encouragement & weight loss friends!

Options
I am 39 and heavier than I ever thought I would be, 265lbs!! I thought I was fat at 220! I am a full time student and hold the couch down way too much. So, before I hit 40 I am making some changes!

My goal is to get to 190lbs and be able to run a 5k race!

Feel free to add me for reciprocal support!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Feel free to post your goals to the October Challenge thread.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Chetrchet, Welcome to the Male Stop. Stop by the October Challenge and join us.
  • SterlingArcher2
    Options
    Morning Chetchert!

The fact that you've decided to take action is AWESOME! Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day so don't put the pressure on yourself to lose everything all at once. Just keep to it and think of all the good things you're working toward.
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to what I think is the best mens group on MFP

We're here for ya !
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to think 225 was my top possible weight. I've lost 25 just to get under that number. Happens to us all. Welcome. Feel free to friend me.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Glad you could make it!
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey - I would like to join the groups also! I have been on the site for little over 3 months. I am on here several times a day, my diary is open but I am not one to post everyday but I do try. friend me if you want. I have a long way to go! Good Luck everybody!!
  • loulamb7
    Options
    Hello Kevidona,

Welcome to the group. 49 pounds in three months, congrats! How did you do it?

Check out the monthly Male Stop challenge and share your goals.

Lou
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'd like to join the group also. I've used MFP for a couple years but keep falling off the bus. In July I saw 260 on the scale - yikes! Got back on track, have lost 36 of the 60 I want to lose but need support and friends who are in the same boat. Feel free to friend me; I'm on the site most days!
  • toeknee45
    toeknee45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today. I have a Fitbit One and have been getting on track, but want to step it up and get to my goal.

SW = 226
    CW =195
    GW=175

I go to the gym 5-7 days a week. I lift 3 days and do cardio / core exercises the rest of the days.

I've been eating better, but have bad days when I go a little overboard (200 to 500 calories overboard). I've plateaued at my current weight and want to step it up.

Any encouragement / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • jblank1031
    Options
    Hi. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. 33 yr old male from NY

Glad I found this group. My wife and mother in law lost a combined 130+ lbs which absolutely blew my mind. I tried MFP for a week a while back then stopped logging. Got back in a month ago and haven't stopped since. Down about 12lbs. Feel a million times better. Looking forward to hitting my goal.

One thing I learned so far is that I don't nearly need "that much" food to be filled up. And I'm a big guy. 6' 235
    A half of whatever I like to eat is more than enough. And a lot of water!

Feel free to friend me jblank1031. Will follow you back as well. Best of luck guys.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    wow realized this thread is two weeks old. lol. We should be more active here!
  • loulamb7
    Options
    Yes, this is a pretty quiet group. Missed the December Challenge. By the time I noticed we were a week into the month. Hope everyone is doing well for the month. My goal was to maintain weight and continue 3 days a week of strength training. So far so good. Only 11 days left.
  • RespiratoryScot
    RespiratoryScot Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Full time student . . . I am a full time professor, also getting ready to push 40. Out of curiosity, what are you studying?