Week 3 Jump

Options
StephFork
StephFork Posts: 182 Member
I completed day 1 of week 3 and for me it was a big jump but it felt so good to finish it. I'm even looking forward to tomorrows run.
Who else is on week 3? After today week 4 doesn't scare me but week 5 does! Ahhh...

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 of week 3 and for me it was a big jump but it felt so good to finish it. I'm even looking forward to tomorrows run.
    Who else is on week 3? After today week 4 doesn't scare me but week 5 does! Ahhh...

Congratulations on your achievement, you will be ready for week 5 by the time it rolls around!. I'm going to finish up week 8 in the morning.
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 3, Day 1 today as well. I am doing it with my 7 year old son and I was a little worried we'd have to stop before making it to 3 minutes but I am happy to report we did just fine. I am also a little worried about the 20 minute run at the end of week 5! However, I know everything is preparing us for that and so I'll fake it til I make it. I know I can push through, just not sure how my little guy will do. We will have to stop if he feels the need to. I am trying to make it a positive experience for him. This morning we did a flashlight run and he liked that.
  • StephFork
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement, you will be ready for week 5 by the time it rolls around!. I'm going to finish up week 8 in the morning.

Thanks! I can't wait until I'm on week 8 or 9!
  • StephFork
    Options
    I completed Week 3, Day 1 today as well. I am doing it with my 7 year old son and I was a little worried we'd have to stop before making it to 3 minutes but I am happy to report we did just fine. I am also a little worried about the 20 minute run at the end of week 5! However, I know everything is preparing us for that and so I'll fake it til I make it. I know I can push through, just not sure how my little guy will do. We will have to stop if he feels the need to. I am trying to make it a positive experience for him. This morning we did a flashlight run and he liked that.

Woohoo! That's fun that your son is enjoying it too. My son is 13 months old so the only running we do together is with a jogging stroller. He's loves to go for walks though. I'm doing it with a good friend of mine and we push each other which is good. I'm signed up for a 5 mile race on Thanksgiving Day. :happy:
  • Christinichka
    Options

Woohoo! That's fun that your son is enjoying it too. My son is 13 months old so the only running we do together is with a jogging stroller. He's loves to go for walks though. I'm doing it with a good friend of mine and we push each other which is good. I'm signed up for a 5 mile race on Thanksgiving Day. :happy:

Your son is a cutie! I have been waiting until the age I felt like my son would be old enough to try to train for a 5K. So far it's working out. We shall see if he makes it with me to the last week. I won't force him, but I am hoping we can finish together. I am a single mom, so if he doesn't run, he'll be biking because I don't have a gym membership :)

We are planning to do a 5K on Thanksgiving Day too, but trying to choose which one will be best. Hoping to register soon. Always nice to have a date to look forward to.
  • StephFork
    Options
    Your son is a cutie! I have been waiting until the age I felt like my son would be old enough to try to train for a 5K. So far it's working out. We shall see if he makes it with me to the last week. I won't force him, but I am hoping we can finish together. I am a single mom, so if he doesn't run, he'll be biking because I don't have a gym membership :)

We are planning to do a 5K on Thanksgiving Day too, but trying to choose which one will be best. Hoping to register soon. Always nice to have a date to look forward to.

Awe.. Thanks! You're son is adorable! We can do this! : )
  • Christinichka
    Options
    I'm still going...week 7 day 1 completed yesterday. Should be on target to finish before Thanksgiving :) And my son is still right with me.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i didnt think week 3 was that big of a deal. week 4 is the big jump because its the first time you do more running than walking.