It seems like so little

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
But it's really a lot!

I cannot believe how much doing the C25k program has done for me, my fitness level, my endurance, and my self confidence.

I've done it a little faster than recommended, I ran 4 days a week instead of 3 because I loved running the program so much.

Yesterday I ran in the morning and heard about a free boot camp exercise program downtown. I decided to go to the boot camp, because I felt fine. I did the beginner session, I've never done boot camp fitness before. The trainer told me I should try intermediate next time because I was already fit and the beginner class wasn't challenging me.

I burned 720 calories in that session according to my Polar HRM and it wasn't even hard. I know 6 weeks ago I would have been a mess in that class.

Thanks C25k!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Marc Parent writes beginning running articles for Runner's World. This is one of his most profound paragraphs, that has really speaks to what running has done for me:

"The only thing running hasn't changed is running itself. I would have guessed that by now it would be easier for me to do. It isn't. People say the run gets easier, but people say aliens abduct you in the desert, too. I've stopped looking for signs of an easier run in exchange for signs of an easier life. Those signs I've seen. Running is still as grueling as ever, but life outside of running is getting easier, better. "

Running continues to be challenging. You constantly push to go faster and farther (though not a the same time). Everything outside of running becomes easier as you gain fitness.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Marc Parent writes beginning running articles for Runner's World. This is one of his most profound paragraphs, that has really speaks to what running has done for me:

"The only thing running hasn't changed is running itself. I would have guessed that by now it would be easier for me to do. It isn't. People say the run gets easier, but people say aliens abduct you in the desert, too. I've stopped looking for signs of an easier run in exchange for signs of an easier life. Those signs I've seen. Running is still as grueling as ever, but life outside of running is getting easier, better. "

Running continues to be challenging. You constantly push to go faster and farther (though not a the same time). Everything outside of running becomes easier as you gain fitness.

Thanks for this, I agree. Running never gets easier because I continue to push my mind and my body in order to run better, longer, and faster. However, those 4 days a week have changed my life completely.

"I run very fast because I desperately want to stand very still" - The Oatmeal
    “I run because if I didn’t, I’d be sluggish and glum and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary. I run…to savor the trip along the way. Life becomes a little more vibrant, a little more intense. I like that.” ― Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
    “Some seek the comfort of their therapist's office, other head to the corner pub and dive into a pint, but I chose running as my therapy.” ― Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    This thread is more of an affirmation for me to keep pushing even if running doesn't get easier - but because we keep challenging ourselves to run longer, faster and better. :)

I am still in awe at the though that I can run 28 mins straight when a 1 minute run felt like hell before. Running has made me realize that even if I don't think I can do it, as long as I push myself hard enough, I can and I will succeed. I've never had that realization before.