Progress...

Options
our_ayley
our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
Day 3 and I've lost 2lbs. Not gonna lie, I was hoping it would be more since I'm being so strict on what I'm eating and the carb restriction but that being said it's better than a gain!

I've so far had keto flu/carb flu though, and I feel lousy. Also, my mum kept trying to sway me into eating treats and stuff last night which doesn't help with the temptation.

Anyone have any tips for getting through these next few days?? Also, re the slow weight loss, if you wanna take a look through my diary and give me any pointers I'd be super grateful!

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.

Drink lots of water.
    Drink a cup of salty broth. Carb flue is typically due to loss of sodium on low carb. You need 3-5 crams of sodium a day.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just keep focused. Eat as much fat as possible and also drink chicken broth, it will help you out. I promise it DOES get easier, but the first week is torture, just know that feeling goes away and each day gets a little easier. Focus on today, do not worry about tomorrow. And your weightloss is very good, that's a pound a day!
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tips above. Your weight loss is good! What other diet could you lose that and still eat great food?!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    When we got the flu, we started counting calories and realized we were way under eating. So make sure you are eating enough!

And sodium. If you're like us and not eating much processed foods anymore, then likely your sodium is low and you really really need to monitor it to make sure you're getting enough.

Other than that, drink chamomile tea to help you feel better. Hope you can hold on until you get through the hard part. It's so worth it!!
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :-)

My diary is open now. I don't think I've been eating enough fat, so gonna go buy a block of cheese haha!

As for sodium, I'll have to make some chicken broth, see how that helps.

Thanks again :-)