new to 60 and over group

Options
dejavuohlala
dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
hello my name is Carol and i am 66 years old and recently retired from the NHS. i have also recently moved to Kent from London.

I am really getting serious about this weight loss on MFP and have buddied up with a couple of people over 60 but thought i would join you ladies and gents for more encouragement.

It is always a struggle for me to loose weight have recently taken on a bit more walking and looking to do a session at the leisure center for more senior people but have started that yet

looking for support in case of platues and blips

Carol

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol,

Welcome to our group. We have fun here and lots of encouragement. We have a chat group and a weekly challenge. Feel free to join us. Good luck in losing. You are at the right place.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    wow you ahev lost loads of lbs. well done
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group... glad to have you with us!!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Thank you Carol,
    It took me over 2 years to lost that and I still have quite a few more to go, but I know eventually I will reach goal.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    That's the attitude to have i hope i still feel like that after 2 years
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thanks Pam
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great group feels like we really know each other. I am a newbie as well and encourage you to post and be a part of the group.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thank you Linda, same age i see, it gets harder to loose weight as you get older don't you think?
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hello Carol....... nice to meet you....look forward to getting to know you....:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thank you Jean, good luck with your journey. i have a feeling it is going to take me a lot longer than you but i'm trying to stay focused

carol
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 60 years old and over group. :smile:
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thank you I Hope there will be a skinny me eventually

Carol::laugh:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Just measure, log, and move more, you'll do fine.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, i have been doing more walking this last 2 weeks and also going to an exercise class next week. Fingers crossed.

good luck with your journey
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check in with us and tell us how you're going. Sounds like your moving more, that is the first step on the Journey for most of us.
  • dkrudop
    dkrudop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 60 and have lost about 28 pounds over the past year by counting calories, walking, and biking. Looking to find some like-minded souls and enjoy some chat! I'm a high school chorus director, been teaching for 38 years now.
  • smalltowntwo
    smalltowntwo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carol - I've only been on MFP for about 3 weeks and am really enjoying it. Hope you will to!
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Carol! We have an active and friendly group here. The great thing is that we can always count on positive support from one another, even when having a tough time of it. If you're willing to share your diary with friends, log in daily and give as well as receive support, you've come to the right place! You and anyone else who needs support, feel free to add me!
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 75 have just rejoined. wasn't ready the 1st time . I've been on for a week, so far I have lost 2 lbs. so I am pleased with myself. I have been keeping myself busy which helps the desire to eat can't eat when my hands are typing or beading.I am looking forward to the support and interaction of the group.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    thank you for the welcome we are both new i see good luck