Starting Keto Diet Monday, need support and advice :)

Options
Fit4Life004
Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
Hi, so I am a female, 21 5'1 117.5 pounds petite build and I have decided to give a Keto diet a try. I am a senior in college. I would like to lose 12-15 pounds. I am nervous but excited to see how my body reacts to this new diet. I am looking for advice and what to expect when on this diet. What things did you eat, what was ur exercise plan, how did u start Keto? Did you have any side effects? Any thing else you would like to let me know would be great! thank you

Christina

Replies

• CandiedMittens
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm a female, 5'7 and 144 pounds :)
    I started Keto about a month ago and I'm loving it.
    I will say, I think you need a LOT of research before you start keto, simply because otherwise you're restricted to the same snacks and meals over and over.
    My meals contain mostly meat, cheese and vegetables. (No carrots or potatoes!)
    However, I'm slowly learning to cook myself some delicious keto friendly breads, pancakes and sweets...
    You're definitely forced into becoming somewhat self-sufficient on Keto.

I didn't actually start exercising again until my second week of Keto, but this is merely because I'm diabetic and didn't want my body
    under too much stress! I'm now back to exercising three times a week, both cardio and weight training to tone. I'm finding that my fitness is greatly improving though!

I hope you do well, and I'll just say not to let the first week get you down (or hormonal weeks...).
    As your body adjusts to using Fat rather than Carbs, you won't feel 100% but keep it up until you start feeling strong and remember why you started!

Good luck beautiful!