A funny thing happend at the gym today ...

I always enjoy amusing stories of failure at the gym, so here's mine:

So, running late for work the other day I left my gym shorts in the locker room where they promptly dissapeared (gross). Today was squat day, and I looked in the closet and decided that I could totally squat in some old BDU pants I had lying around. I figuered maybe they'd work like squat-briefs and give me a little extra support.

I would like everybody to know that it is not not the case. I got three quarters of the way to paralell on my 240lb squat, the BDU's got weird tight around my knees and thighs so that I couldn't push my knees out past the plane of my hips, but I couldn't hip drive and get back up. I got stuck. I actually had to just drop the weight onto the safety bars and sit down. Luckally I haven't lost all my weight so I'm still pretty padded. I had to make the shuffle of shame out to my car and to wallmart to pick up some track pants. I guess it's squat day again tomorrow.

TL-DR: Too-Tight BDU pants are not Squat Briefs.

I suppose it's a ringing endorsement for the 5.11 BDU pants that they just didn't explode across the seams.