Race Cancelled

Options
Have you had a race you've been training for cancelled? I'm sure this is happened to a lot of people. Last night i got an email cancelling the Duathlon series i was to race in (first one started in 4 weeks). Guess i can focus more on my MTB race in 2 weeks!

Did you sign up for another one straight away? Did you feel somewhat lost like what do i do now or did you have other races planned?

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Last summer my Olympic triathlon was cancelled the night before due to impending weather.

It was a heartbreaker, but they made the right call..
  • lfell6
    lfell6 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel for you I really do! I have 2-3 events each month if not more, September I only had one on the 1st and then nothing until the 13th October, it really sucks and puts a downer on your motivation when you do not have an event to work towards .
    Try setting yourself a goal on the dates you would have done your series like to break a PB or make your on duathlon challenge and make sure you stick to it :)
    Have they bought the Park Run to Christchurch yet? they are pretty good, is a free five k race every saturday
    www.parkrun.co.nz if not it could be worth trying to find someone to start it??