Compounded hormone creams: where to apply

Options
I have used compounded creams successfully for about 5 years. Every so often I get a different instruction from the pharmacist or one of his assistants about where to apply the cream. I use it twice a day, right now applying to shoulders in the morning and butt cheeks in the evening. I am supposed to skip one day a week to let receptors rest. I am getting tired of putting it on my shoulders; it feels like the skin there needs a good exfoliation because it never feels quite squeaky clean. Does anyone else do inner arm? Personally I'd like some other options.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I do inner lower arm, chest (above breasts), belly, butt cheeks, upper thighs. Anywhere the skin is thin and soft except my breasts.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Never heard of shoulder. Patches on the butt check and lower abs. Cream on the inside of my thighs and inner arms.
  • dpals1
    dpals1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I apply mine on the back side of my leg, behind my knee. I mostly apply it there because I was told for two hours after application, it was possible to expose others to the hormones, who shouldn't be. i.e. children and pets. Usually I put my slacks/ jeans on immediately afterwards. I also know that there is less opportunity for contact w others in that area.